Standing up for Nate B.

Why is the Drinkning age 21? The government encourages us to join the Armed Forces any time after we are 18 years of age. Do they realize they are giving us the OK to kill someone under our countries name after we turn 18; however, we can't consume any alcohol? We can also get married at a younger age than 18. Yes, that means at our own wedding we wouldn't be able to consume alcohol like at almost every other wedding.
A lot of people drive to their friends houses to illegally consume alcohol then they have to come home the same night. If teenagers can drink at home legally without their parents havingto worried about aiding the illegal act then they wouldn't feel the need to sneek to a friends' houseand back to their own. If teenagers didn't have to drive all the way home and then back it would decrease the deaths of drunken teenagers. People say that if they give teenagers the oppurtunity to legally consume alcohol then they will abuse that right. Adults 21+ years old are able to legally drink and still some of them are alcoholics and abuse their right to drink. The government made a 21 and under "dry" law thinking that it would prevent the younger population from drinking and driving drunk. This law has not prevented teenagers from drinking it has made them have to go out of their way to get alcohol, and has made some rebelious teens want to do it even more.
Taunting teenagers with things and setting rules that are easy for them to break just makes them want to do it more. I believe that if they lowered the drinking age to somewhere between 16 and 19 that there would be less drunken deaths and less kids getting arrested for Possession of Alcohol and Consuming Alcohol Under the Legal Age.

WrItEr2010 said...
Maybe if the parents would start caring about where their kids were and being involved in their kids' lives it wouldn't be a big deal.

Jordan901278 said...
I disagree. I think if you lowered the legal drinking age to the driving age teenagers would abuse it horribly. We'd have triple the drunk driving accidents if not more. The solution to this problem is not lowering the drinking age. The solution of this problems is lowering the amount of teenagers who are mindless enough to drink and drive. If teenagers would go to a party, drink and then drive home. What makes you think they wouldn't do the exact same thing if alcohol was legal, if not abuse it... (more »)

hrf1434This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 2, 2011 at 5:36 pm :
I agree with Jordan901278, you are totally right