smoking should be illgeal

Smoking should be illegal

Do you think smoking should be illegal? Well sometimes I think it should be because people can get really bad lung cancer. People can die from first, second and third degree smoking or worse. Would you like your parents smoking in front of you I don’t think so. It gives you a bad taste in life. If your parents are smoking in front of you tell them to stop and tell them why.

Do you know how much a pack of cigarettes cost? They cost about $5.00 a pack and the big pack is about $50.00 a pack that’s a lot of money for cigarettes. I don’t know why people pay so much for cigarettes they go through them in like 2 days maybe even a day according to the department of health. One pack in two days or less that’s a lot there’s like 20 cigarettes in every box. Did you know that 5.4 million people die every year from smoking? Also people who are broke really shouldn’t be worried about buying cigarettes they should be worried about there life and what there going to do with every thing in it. We should make smoking illegal because a lot of famous people have died from smoking such as BABE RUTH, PETER JENNINGS, ANN RICHARDS and many other people have died from smoking chewing and other things.

Every 6.5 seconds a person dies from smoking according to the health association. Also don’t you hate people who throw there cigarettes out in the street and then animals get them and they eat them then the animals die because of the taste from the cigarettes. They also make the sky dirty and every thing else in the world.

The other side of this story is. Should smoking be legal? Do you think smoking should be legal? Well sometimes I do because people smoke because it’s COOL. Not because they have to do it also I think people would get addicted a lot and smoke a lot. If the government took the cigarettes away there would be another mafia and more killings and people would die more often. That’s why we can’t take the cigarettes away. And that is my advice to the government and citizens out there. That smoking should be illegal to this world I say throw them away and keep are sociaty safe.

oxamandaleigh said...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:42 am
I agree that smoking should be illegal. It not only kills people who make the decision to smoke, but it also kills people around it. second hand smoke kills almost just as many people as inhaling it yourself. Why should someone who makes the decision not to smoke be affected by someones poor judgement? If smoking were illegal, we wouldnt have such controvesy over the issue. less people would die and be affected by its harmful effects.

ahlisten said...
You really should've researched more and used actual sources. Also "the big pack" of cigarettes is called a carton, and your prices are extremely off, unless you live on the reservation. Back your opinion up with legitimate facts from legitimate sources, not just random "facts" that you think you know.

pwiz said...
I think it should be legal, becase it's the persons choice wether to harm themselves.

idontgiveastacy said...
No they shouldn't. really you can give the same argument to cars, guns, knives, tigers, sharks, pointed sticks, and childbirth, and fast food.
they all kill people, infact out of all these, smoking is the only death that happens by a concious choice.
so keep dreaming, in a country where over half of the citizens are for the legalization of marijuana, i doubt tabacco products are going to become illegal

idontgiveastacy replied...
oh i forgot,
i have personal experience in smoking. and i dont smoke because it's "cool" (i smoke alone).
it keeps me alert, calm, and focused. not to mention it tastes good. why do you think people become addicted?
i'm not trying to make converts of you. infact, i would be better off not smoking in so many ways. but the assumption that its just to be cool or adult is false. (but its not like D.A.R.E can tell you how good it feels, thats just retrogradi... (more »)

peace_love_beauty said...
Jan. 13, 2010 at 11:28 am
Well, my friend, it is unfortunate to say that even if smoking was illegal, people would still find a way to do so. The truth is, smoking will never be illegal. Banning smoking would only anger America, and I'm afraid that nothing good can come out of that. Alcohol was once illegal, but because so many people drank, they ended up smuggling alcohol into the country, and everything became hectic. I completely agree with you that smoking is harmful and unhealthy, but we cannot prevent people f... (more »)