Please Say No To Drugs!

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

ColbyMartin said...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:09 am
Kids these days...
Always believing everything there Mommys and teachers tell them.

ColbyMartin replied...
I'm just saying teens need to form there own opinion.

Shannon_Bananon replied...
That makes sense. However, when it comes to drugs, statistics make the decision for them. Or they should.

ColbyMartin replied...
May 9, 2010 at 12:30 am
Have your ever smoked marijuana?  If not, don't trust all statistics.

a.singlenote This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thumbs up dude!

ColbyMartin replied...

Thanks, man! I'm not a stoner, though I've smoke weed.
Everyone should watch a doc. called "The Union."
I learned SO many things.

Steve Jobs created "Apple" with high.

haha I'm kinda a stoner x]

I'll check it out man !

Peace420 said...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 8:45 am
I think drugs are bad but not weed. Just think about it, Have you ever heard someone overdosing on weed? Or someone's life is ruin over weed? No... Sure some people are stupid and think that weed is not enough and they take things far and experiment with other drugs. Other then that weed should be legal, our country will rock for sure!

mutekid016 replied...
May 27, 2010 at 8:01 am

I agree with that so much! Weed is actually legal if bought legally. it's good for killing the pain in cancer

Thank you!!! Our economy would be doing SO well if weed were legal. Plus, it would be more expensive, which would make it harder for teens to smoke (which would suck) but it would put a lot of people's whining to rest.

mutekid016 replied...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 6:18 am
Teens who take drugs too far put a bad light on weed, and really it ain't that bad. It can't kill you, and it has less damaging effects than a cigarette. I wish that adults would see that, but that's America for you.

cassie 73 said...
Jan. 23, 2010 at 1:28 am
a friend of mine actually came to me today and told me his plan to do cocaine for the first time... at first i said its your life and you can do what you want with it.. then i thought to myself, if anything ever went wrong, and something bad happened to him because he made that decision, i would never forgive myself. So i told him that if he decided to go down that rode and something went wrong... that i would miss him very much and to be careful. I made him change his mind...so i can relate to ... (more »)

beeftown said...
While I don't fully agree with your stance on this subject, your article was well written. Just one suggestion, however, if you ever plan on revising this: Include some statistics. Yes, you are getting your point across, but TELL me how many teenagers overdosed last year, don't just tell me that some have. Providing accurate information really hits things like this home.

IndigoWillowsun replied...
Yes! That is exactly what I thought. This needs evidence to back up all the claims. Most of us agree with you; you just need inform us with more than your ideas.

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 6:55 am
I love what you're trying to do, and I'm right there with you! Wonderful piece. Keep it up (I mean it, the world needs more people like you who are willing to make a difference.) I don't know if you'd be interested but my poem goes hand in hand with this I think. If you could take a look that be wonderful I'd like to hear your opinion but if you can't don't sweat it. Once again, great, great job on this piece.
God bless,
...,

JoCoGirl replied...
I loved your poem! Thank you and God bless!

Joaquin said...
this article is not about drugs or teenagers, its about YOUR religion and what YOUR god commands you to do.<br /> why do you try to impose YOUR moral rules on others? who are you to say what's bad or wrong and what isn't? why should people live by the rules your parents imposed on you, and your parents' parents imposed on them, and so on?<br /> tobacco and alcohol are as addictive and destructive as cocaine, and yet they're legal, and like half the planet do them EVERY day<br />... (more »)

Miranda W. said...
i agree, everyone teenager or not, should say no to drugs, i hear kids in the 5th and 6th grade talking about weed on the bus, its's sad. Your just ruining a very good life that you could have, by not doing drugs.

Sabrina♥sJesus replied...
5th & 6th graders? Wow. I didn't even know what weed was when I was in 5th grade...

NaCheezIt replied...
It's sad but true. I know a girl who is eleven years old who smokes pot with her older brother at least three times a week. It makes me really sad because when I was that age I never would have thought of doing drugs, and having a brother supply her with it is just terrible.

Hippiechick10 replied...
Yeah, it is. Drugs seem to ease a person's pain for what? an hour? maybe longer? mean while it's killing you.That's horrible how her brother actually lets her have drugs... and that he does them too.