Please Say No To Drugs!

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

fictionlover10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Okay, spell check your work and add in some actual facts. Kids won't listen to a thing you say if you don't tell them statistics, and even then it won't make much of a difference. The only good thing about this article was that you didn't mention communism or Obama.

DaisyC. replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 9:16 am
Haha...I was thinking the same thing. When I saw the title it was like "agg...you're blameing Obama for drug use? really?"

Tonnie6 replied...
That's funny, I agree with you completely. Define drugs in your work and realize that drug addiction varies. Also take into a account nature vs nurture. Ones environment plays a huge part in something as "drug addiction", and so does hereditary. Saying "No" to drugs is stupid, smart but stupid. People need to make their own mistakes and they need to have someone there to hold them up when something goes wrong. No one will listen to you to saying no if they don't have a good enough reason too.

Hailezzluvturtles replied...
statitistics, bleh. this article is from the heart. kids wont listen to anything even if you shoved up  their nose. seriously. you just have to show them you care.

crazyawesome said...
I'm slowly watching my first love descend into the hell of drugs. I have no idea what he's on, and I never hope to find out. But this sweet nice kid is now a juvenile delinquent. He used to tell me how much he loved me. Now the only time I hear from him is his long drug-induced ravings on facebook about how much his life sucks. Please, please, I cant save him any more, but if this post saves anyone from NEVER touching drugs and saves some girl from having her heart broken by ... (more »)

storywritinggirl replied...
I'm so sorry to hear that; drugs ruin lives and those taking it don't realize how they are hurting not only themselves but also those who love them. PLEASE don't touch them.

ColbyMartin said...
I'm just saying teens need to form there own opinion.

Shannon_Bananon said...

If you mean Marijuana, I suggest this site.=> http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm

Weed is illegal for a reason, not because adults are stupid and never want you to have fun.

Hailezzluvturtles replied...
agreed. well said.

Mia_Stinetuck replied...
Its a biased source dude, ever hear of a smear campaign?

Shannon_Bananon said...

Finally! Something I agree with you on!

Yes, drugs are bad. You can get the same sense of evelation (known as high) by doing something worthwhile, like community service. Parents are happy, communities happy, you're happy.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution replied...

no, you cant, drugs  meaning weed and hallucinogens open youre senses up to different ways to view the world, that being said if this was about coke, heroin, meth, ect. i would be all for it.

again though, if you do drugs, do it for the right reasons, do the right ones and never let it consume youre life which should be easy if you follow the above advice

Aspiringauhor replied...
That is an opinion. That is not a proven fact.

booklover/writer said...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 11:10 am
I totaly agree. Drugs are soooooo not cool.

scribblesinthecity said...
ur comment really did make me LOL just now. the rhyming, the "boo!", oh man. that was priceless. haha
BUT i've gotta say; im pretty sure watching a friend overdose on drugs at some party and then having to call 911 because you were actually afraid for their life at that moment, wouldn't be so fun. i mean (luckily) i have never experienced something like that before. but i know people who have, multiple times. and they've told me: its really not so enjoyable. its a... (more »)

scribblesinthecity said...
^ *actually

Randomm1995 said...
Drugs can be deadly in so many ways. Sure, they can get you accepted by a few clicks in school, but is it really worth what - five minutes of being happy? Wouldn't you rather have a lifetime of happiness with friends who DONT endanger their lives for the thought of being 'popular'?

Sunshineyday said...
I am against drugs, but we cannot simply say "drugs are bad" and not tell kids why. saying "don't do it" but not explaining is condescending, and under-informative. we need to realistically tell teens how each drug affects them, instead of simply saying " if you do it you'll ruin your life".

Hippiechick10 replied...
You are right. To get a point across, you need to have reasons.

ColbyMartin said...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:09 am
Kids these days...
Always believing everything there Mommys and teachers tell them.

Shannon_Bananon replied...
Because it'd be so much smarter to believe what the shady drug dealer on your corner says.