Please Say No To Drugs!

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

Shannon_Bananon said...

Finally! Something I agree with you on!

Yes, drugs are bad. You can get the same sense of evelation (known as high) by doing something worthwhile, like community service. Parents are happy, communities happy, you're happy.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution replied...

no, you cant, drugs  meaning weed and hallucinogens open youre senses up to different ways to view the world, that being said if this was about coke, heroin, meth, ect. i would be all for it.

again though, if you do drugs, do it for the right reasons, do the right ones and never let it consume youre life which should be easy if you follow the above advice

Aspiringauhor replied...
That is an opinion. That is not a proven fact.

booklover/writer said...
Apr. 12, 2010 at 11:10 am
I totaly agree. Drugs are soooooo not cool.

scribblesinthecity said...
ur comment really did make me LOL just now. the rhyming, the "boo!", oh man. that was priceless. haha
BUT i've gotta say; im pretty sure watching a friend overdose on drugs at some party and then having to call 911 because you were actually afraid for their life at that moment, wouldn't be so fun. i mean (luckily) i have never experienced something like that before. but i know people who have, multiple times. and they've told me: its really not so enjoyable. its a... (more »)

scribblesinthecity said...
^ *actually

Randomm1995 said...
Drugs can be deadly in so many ways. Sure, they can get you accepted by a few clicks in school, but is it really worth what - five minutes of being happy? Wouldn't you rather have a lifetime of happiness with friends who DONT endanger their lives for the thought of being 'popular'?

Sunshineyday said...
I am against drugs, but we cannot simply say "drugs are bad" and not tell kids why. saying "don't do it" but not explaining is condescending, and under-informative. we need to realistically tell teens how each drug affects them, instead of simply saying " if you do it you'll ruin your life".

Hippiechick10 replied...
You are right. To get a point across, you need to have reasons.

ColbyMartin said...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:09 am
Kids these days...
Always believing everything there Mommys and teachers tell them.

Shannon_Bananon replied...
Because it'd be so much smarter to believe what the shady drug dealer on your corner says.

ColbyMartin replied...
I'm just saying teens need to form there own opinion.

Shannon_Bananon replied...
That makes sense. However, when it comes to drugs, statistics make the decision for them. Or they should.

ColbyMartin replied...
May 9, 2010 at 12:30 am
Have your ever smoked marijuana?  If not, don't trust all statistics.

a.singlenote This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thumbs up dude!

ColbyMartin replied...

Thanks, man! I'm not a stoner, though I've smoke weed.
Everyone should watch a doc. called "The Union."
I learned SO many things.

Steve Jobs created "Apple" with high.

haha I'm kinda a stoner x]

I'll check it out man !

Peace420 said...
Feb. 19, 2010 at 8:45 am
I think drugs are bad but not weed. Just think about it, Have you ever heard someone overdosing on weed? Or someone's life is ruin over weed? No... Sure some people are stupid and think that weed is not enough and they take things far and experiment with other drugs. Other then that weed should be legal, our country will rock for sure!

mutekid016 replied...
May 27, 2010 at 8:01 am

I agree with that so much! Weed is actually legal if bought legally. it's good for killing the pain in cancer

Thank you!!! Our economy would be doing SO well if weed were legal. Plus, it would be more expensive, which would make it harder for teens to smoke (which would suck) but it would put a lot of people's whining to rest.