Please Say No To Drugs!

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

everthought said...
Just to let everyone know, drugs and the user are 2 different things. A person who does drugs can be a good person at heart. Just because you do drugs doesn't mean you are a crackhead and should be avoided.

Hailezzluvturtles replied...
then you should think about the people avoiding you and thinking your a crackhead before you decide to ruin your health, life... etc.

Hippiechick10 said...
You're totally right. Drugs ruin everything, turning hopes and dreams to dust. At my school, police officers come in and tell us stories of kids and adults who use drugs. It's heartbreaking and sad. Don't throw your life away to look cool or be "popular" on drugs. Stay safe and alive. Great point you made.

NotForSqaures replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 1:29 am
I don't know how many times I can say this. It depends what kind of drug. Not all drugs are the same, but school systems like to make them seem that way so we avoid them altogether. I am not a drug user, but I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to the topic. Obviously cocaine is worse than weed. If you had to pick, you would pick weed. It's completely unrealistic to say that teens are going to give up drugs completely, so wouldn't it be better to teach teens which drugs are the worst and ... (more »)

Hailezzluvturtles replied...
i think you should just stay away from drugs in general. there is a reason why theyre pretty hard to come by. besides, it only numbs pain and makes you lonely.

kiwi13 said...
im so sorry that that makes you mad it makes me mad to i tottaly agree with you to dont be sad

*--JEDI--* replied...
Ok well thanks kiwi. But my friends kelsey doesnt agree with me and it just makes me so upset. She has no oidea how I feel about her doing drugs. i hate it!!!! What do I do?

kiwi13 replied...
well *--jedi--* i think you should tell your friend "kelsey" how you feel about her doing drugs and mabe ahe will stop or if shes like me she wont stop doin crack everyday hope this helps

*--JEDI--* replied...
Thank you so much kiwi that was a lot of help...but I have talked to her but she keeps calling me names! I wish we were just friends again

kiwi13 replied...
well then i dont think she like you sorry

everthought replied...
a real friend would listen what you have to say.

*--JEDI--* said...
Omg I sooooo agree with you!!! Sometimes i feel completely alone on this topic.  Tons of kids at my school do drugs and it makes me mad and sad when I see it~~

fictionlover10 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Okay, spell check your work and add in some actual facts. Kids won't listen to a thing you say if you don't tell them statistics, and even then it won't make much of a difference. The only good thing about this article was that you didn't mention communism or Obama.

DaisyC. replied...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 9:16 am
Haha...I was thinking the same thing. When I saw the title it was like "agg...you're blameing Obama for drug use? really?"

Tonnie6 replied...
That's funny, I agree with you completely. Define drugs in your work and realize that drug addiction varies. Also take into a account nature vs nurture. Ones environment plays a huge part in something as "drug addiction", and so does hereditary. Saying "No" to drugs is stupid, smart but stupid. People need to make their own mistakes and they need to have someone there to hold them up when something goes wrong. No one will listen to you to saying no if they don't have a good enough reason too.

Hailezzluvturtles replied...
statitistics, bleh. this article is from the heart. kids wont listen to anything even if you shoved up  their nose. seriously. you just have to show them you care.

crazyawesome said...
I'm slowly watching my first love descend into the hell of drugs. I have no idea what he's on, and I never hope to find out. But this sweet nice kid is now a juvenile delinquent. He used to tell me how much he loved me. Now the only time I hear from him is his long drug-induced ravings on facebook about how much his life sucks. Please, please, I cant save him any more, but if this post saves anyone from NEVER touching drugs and saves some girl from having her heart broken by ... (more »)

storywritinggirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I'm so sorry to hear that; drugs ruin lives and those taking it don't realize how they are hurting not only themselves but also those who love them. PLEASE don't touch them.

ColbyMartin said...
I'm just saying teens need to form there own opinion.

Shannon_Bananon said...

If you mean Marijuana, I suggest this site.=> http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm

Weed is illegal for a reason, not because adults are stupid and never want you to have fun.

Hailezzluvturtles replied...
agreed. well said.