Please Say No To Drugs!

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

Don Draper said...
Doing drugs isn't cool. Remember just because a majority of people do something doesn't always make it write. Don't forget that a majority of the American people once supported slavery. Remember you are who you chose to be.
Hugh_Jass said...
I just want to say this, if you do drugs once, it is probably not going to mess you up. What people are telling kids is that some horrible thing is going to happen when you do drugs. So when kids try it and nothing bad happens, they think that drugs can't hurt them. I think we should just be truthful about the whole matter. Rather than tainting kids thoughts with lies.
butterflys replied...
you   are   right    but     kids     wouldnt    do   that  unless    they  see     body do that   some  one   around    them
Mia_Stinetuck said...

"Our national drug is alcohol. We tend to regard anything less with a special kind of horror" ~ William S. Burroughs

You have no idea how different the world would be if no one ever smoked pot, opium, drank cocaine or dropped acid and blew thier mind with shrooms do you? At least no more then our free media and libreal education declares.

And I hate to break it too you, but we are a druggie society. "Pharmaceutical companies will soon rule the world i... (more »)

NotForSqaures said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 1:17 am

I personally think this article needs revision. The term "drug" covers a very broad spectrum. It is easiest if you single out a drug, such as marijuana. Also, I advise you to research the topic a bit more before stating "drugs are bad." I am not a regular drug user myself, but I have done my fair share of research and I'd like to clear up some common misconceptions. There are little to no confirmed deaths from just the use of marijuana. While it can affect your health, (I read Sha... (more »)

NotForSqaures replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 1:23 am
Sorry for such a long comment. I didn't realize it was so long. Oh, and to the writer: I appreciate the message you are sending, just try researching ahead of time.
Aspiringauhor replied...
   I agree.
everthought said...
Just to let everyone know, drugs and the user are 2 different things. A person who does drugs can be a good person at heart. Just because you do drugs doesn't mean you are a crackhead and should be avoided.
Hailezzluvturtles replied...
then you should think about the people avoiding you and thinking your a crackhead before you decide to ruin your health, life... etc.
Hippiechick10 said...
You're totally right. Drugs ruin everything, turning hopes and dreams to dust. At my school, police officers come in and tell us stories of kids and adults who use drugs. It's heartbreaking and sad. Don't throw your life away to look cool or be "popular" on drugs. Stay safe and alive. Great point you made.
NotForSqaures replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 1:29 am
I don't know how many times I can say this. It depends what kind of drug. Not all drugs are the same, but school systems like to make them seem that way so we avoid them altogether. I am not a drug user, but I am quite knowledgeable when it comes to the topic. Obviously cocaine is worse than weed. If you had to pick, you would pick weed. It's completely unrealistic to say that teens are going to give up drugs completely, so wouldn't it be better to teach teens which drugs are the worst and ... (more »)
Hailezzluvturtles replied...
i think you should just stay away from drugs in general. there is a reason why theyre pretty hard to come by. besides, it only numbs pain and makes you lonely.
kiwi13 said...
im so sorry that that makes you mad it makes me mad to i tottaly agree with you to dont be sad
*--JEDI--* replied...
Ok well thanks kiwi. But my friends kelsey doesnt agree with me and it just makes me so upset. She has no oidea how I feel about her doing drugs. i hate it!!!! What do I do?
kiwi13 replied...
well *--jedi--* i think you should tell your friend "kelsey" how you feel about her doing drugs and mabe ahe will stop or if shes like me she wont stop doin crack everyday hope this helps
*--JEDI--* replied...
Thank you so much kiwi that was a lot of help...but I have talked to her but she keeps calling me names! I wish we were just friends again
kiwi13 replied...
well then i dont think she like you sorry
everthought replied...
a real friend would listen what you have to say.
*--JEDI--* said...
Omg I sooooo agree with you!!! Sometimes i feel completely alone on this topic.  Tons of kids at my school do drugs and it makes me mad and sad when I see it~~
fictionlover10 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Okay, spell check your work and add in some actual facts. Kids won't listen to a thing you say if you don't tell them statistics, and even then it won't make much of a difference. The only good thing about this article was that you didn't mention communism or Obama.