Please Say No To Drugs!

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

a.singlenote This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Haha drugs are only bad if you're doing the wrong ones, with the wrong people, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons. There are plenty of times it's perfectly fine, even better than, say legal drugs like Oxycontin, or even alcohol.

When you say don't do drugs, you should specify which ones, and why, and back it with scientific knowledge. Because there are reasons to not take drugs, and reasons to take them.... It's all very personal.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution replied...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 12:14 am
sorry, either the person who commented on a single notes post deleted their comment or i misslpaced it, but no, i agree with single note just not comment from some other user that used to be right after it

MarilynV. said...
all i got to say is that drugs are degrading and eating up people very quickly just because they think thats a tactic to take them off their misery...they are wrong!

pretty rave girl said...
YOU ARE RIGHT CUZ ITS UR CHOICE BUT U R GOING 2 MESS UP UR LIFE AND CREATE A BAD INFLUENCE TO EVERY1

Sis94 replied...

ya people are going to mess up in one way or another just be a leader and not a follower.Because when you have kids and they find out about they are going to think (well mom and dad did why can't i. they will think.) so don't follow people let people follow you be the leader

teenpoet8 replied...
Dec. 19, 2010 at 8:41 am
aaaw y0u all rock

i love dcs said...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:00 am
i am also going to be clean for life and i dont know why they even made drugs or alcohol.

stacks replied...
i agree i wish they didnt even make drugs or alchohol.

IndigoWillowsun said...

I have this weird ambivalence towards this subject. In a way, I don't even care anymore.

Isn't that sad?

I suppose it has to do with the people I hang out with, the authors I read, the things I've witnessed, the heart I've put into someone's recovery and subsequent relapse. 

I feel terrible about my lack of interest, which is probably why I took the time to comment, but...

SemiVeggie said...
I totally agree -- I plan to be clean for life -- but a lot of the drugs people take aren't illegal ones. Ever heard of Ritalin? Adderall? Those can both get you high, but they're frequently prescribed to little kids. Every time you take antibiotics or painkillers you're taking a drug. Hate to break it to you, but even Tylenol is a drug -- it's just a very safe one.

AnonymousFatty replied...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:55 am
So is marijuana, so why would you not take that?

Aspiringauhor replied...
SemiVeggie was talking about legal drugs... Last time I checked, marijuana isn't legal.

love09 said...
i agree to the fullest on this us as teenagers get so addicted to the littlest things, and then we end up getting addicted, which for us is smoking. so once we see our friends doing it we then end up trying it and getting addicted, it like a sick sick drug that you cant run away from.

Don Draper said...
Doing drugs isn't cool. Remember just because a majority of people do something doesn't always make it write. Don't forget that a majority of the American people once supported slavery. Remember you are who you chose to be.

Hugh_Jass said...
I just want to say this, if you do drugs once, it is probably not going to mess you up. What people are telling kids is that some horrible thing is going to happen when you do drugs. So when kids try it and nothing bad happens, they think that drugs can't hurt them. I think we should just be truthful about the whole matter. Rather than tainting kids thoughts with lies.

butterflys replied...
you   are   right    but     kids     wouldnt    do   that  unless    they  see     body do that   some  one   around    them

Mia_Stinetuck said...

"Our national drug is alcohol. We tend to regard anything less with a special kind of horror" ~ William S. Burroughs

You have no idea how different the world would be if no one ever smoked pot, opium, drank cocaine or dropped acid and blew thier mind with shrooms do you? At least no more then our free media and libreal education declares.

And I hate to break it too you, but we are a druggie society. "Pharmaceutical companies will soon rule the world i... (more »)

NotForSqaures said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 1:17 am

I personally think this article needs revision. The term "drug" covers a very broad spectrum. It is easiest if you single out a drug, such as marijuana. Also, I advise you to research the topic a bit more before stating "drugs are bad." I am not a regular drug user myself, but I have done my fair share of research and I'd like to clear up some common misconceptions. There are little to no confirmed deaths from just the use of marijuana. While it can affect your health, (I read Sha... (more »)

NotForSqaures replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 1:23 am
Sorry for such a long comment. I didn't realize it was so long. Oh, and to the writer: I appreciate the message you are sending, just try researching ahead of time.

Aspiringauhor replied...
   I agree.

everthought said...
Just to let everyone know, drugs and the user are 2 different things. A person who does drugs can be a good person at heart. Just because you do drugs doesn't mean you are a crackhead and should be avoided.