Please Say No To Drugs!

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
NO!  There, i said it. :)  n i agree.

stiffy69 said...
drugs are good evry one should use them look at me i have strait a's and really helthy

AnonymousFatty replied...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:53 am
It's funny because spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution doesn't even know you're supposed to capitalize the first letter of a sentence. Be less stupid please.

HelloKarissa replied...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 11:32 am
 It's not a shock you have straight A's with that astounding grammar of yours.  <--- That was me, being facesious.

JellyRolls+Pickles replied...
No studip Stupid Stuoid your gonna be super fugly pretty soon Fugly ace

a.singlenote This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Haha drugs are only bad if you're doing the wrong ones, with the wrong people, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons. There are plenty of times it's perfectly fine, even better than, say legal drugs like Oxycontin, or even alcohol.

When you say don't do drugs, you should specify which ones, and why, and back it with scientific knowledge. Because there are reasons to not take drugs, and reasons to take them.... It's all very personal.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution replied...

1. you're isnt spelled ur

2. this is not a poem, by anyones standards

3. youre insulting someone for taking a different but not too extreme take on the issue

if somebody didnt know better i would say you're doing more drugs than the person you insulted

peterc replied...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 9:54 am
They didn't take any of the stances you spoke of in your criticism. This is the opinion forum, and everyone has an opinion. Singlenote was offering constructive criticism, whereas you not-very-subtly insulted them. Let everyone have their own opinion.

Apr. 8, 2011 at 12:14 am
sorry, either the person who commented on a single notes post deleted their comment or i misslpaced it, but no, i agree with single note just not comment from some other user that used to be right after it

MarilynV. said...
all i got to say is that drugs are degrading and eating up people very quickly just because they think thats a tactic to take them off their misery...they are wrong!

pretty rave girl said...
YOU ARE RIGHT CUZ ITS UR CHOICE BUT U R GOING 2 MESS UP UR LIFE AND CREATE A BAD INFLUENCE TO EVERY1

Sis94 replied...

ya people are going to mess up in one way or another just be a leader and not a follower.Because when you have kids and they find out about they are going to think (well mom and dad did why can't i. they will think.) so don't follow people let people follow you be the leader

teenpoet8 replied...
Dec. 19, 2010 at 8:41 am
aaaw y0u all rock

i love dcs said...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:00 am
i am also going to be clean for life and i dont know why they even made drugs or alcohol.

stacks replied...
i agree i wish they didnt even make drugs or alchohol.

IndigoWillowsun said...

I have this weird ambivalence towards this subject. In a way, I don't even care anymore.

Isn't that sad?

I suppose it has to do with the people I hang out with, the authors I read, the things I've witnessed, the heart I've put into someone's recovery and subsequent relapse. 

I feel terrible about my lack of interest, which is probably why I took the time to comment, but...

SemiVeggie said...
I totally agree -- I plan to be clean for life -- but a lot of the drugs people take aren't illegal ones. Ever heard of Ritalin? Adderall? Those can both get you high, but they're frequently prescribed to little kids. Every time you take antibiotics or painkillers you're taking a drug. Hate to break it to you, but even Tylenol is a drug -- it's just a very safe one.

AnonymousFatty replied...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:55 am
So is marijuana, so why would you not take that?

Aspiringauhor replied...
SemiVeggie was talking about legal drugs... Last time I checked, marijuana isn't legal.

love09 said...
i agree to the fullest on this us as teenagers get so addicted to the littlest things, and then we end up getting addicted, which for us is smoking. so once we see our friends doing it we then end up trying it and getting addicted, it like a sick sick drug that you cant run away from.