Please Say No To Drugs!

I beg every teenager that comes to this website, to say "no" to drugs. You have more influence on your friends and peers than you could imagine. It all starts with the thought that either it's cool to do drugs or you can just do it once without it affecting you. Drugs have a terribly strong hold on those who fall to them. There are so many teens who o.d. every year. They didn't think that doing a small ammount of drugs would ruin their lives, but you can see what happens to them all. That fate could be our friends'. We could save their lives if we would just take a stand! Be a different teen! Make a difference in your friends lives!

emolover95 said...
I disagree. Yes Marijuana isn't as harmful at first, but it's a gateway drug. That means it's just the start of the users future drug use. Marijuana leads to more harmful drugs that really do destroy your life. So in essence, all drugs destroy the life of the user.

PoeticBliss228 replied...
Marijuana didn't ruin your brother's life. Your brothers choice to use heroin and crystal meth ruined his life let's not use pot as a scape goat or an objectto place our blame

emolover95 replied...
I stick by what I said because I've seen it first hand. But clearly because you have personal experience with this it is clouding your judgement and we will get no further. I cannot say anything than what I've experienced and I still say that drugs ruin your life.

PoeticBliss228 replied...
Responsibility is the name of the game. Weed is not responsible for people's decisions and it is not a drug. It may be an illegal substance,  but it's not a drug. Drugs are man made or have underwent significant chemical altercations.

PoeticBliss228 replied...
And by the way, I know many people who smoke weed (adults and teens) and who lead perfectly normal, happy lives. And I know even more who smoked when they were younger and just stopped when they got older because they had kids or got too busy, etc. Weed doesn't ruin your life thats just a ignorant statement and the evidence against it is all around.

Aspiringauhor replied...

To PoeticBliss228:

Admittedly, I have not done research, so I don't have the exact statistics to give to you. Nor do I have the time to conduct this research, as I have other, more important things to be doing in my life. However, I can tell you with complete certainty that there have been studies done and surveys taken that show that marijuana is a gateway drug. It may not be in all of the cases, but in many cases, it is. Anyone who has taken a middle- or high-school health class can ... (more »)

PoeticBliss228 replied...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 8:27 am
Well type it into google and good luck. But my point was that it is truly impossible to measure something like that because it would be based on a hypothetical situation... that being, if the person had not smoked pot would they still have ended up on a harder drug? There would be no way to know. Also you have to take into account that marijuanan is an illegal substance and a person willing to try one illegal substance is probably more likely to try others statistically, but that doesn't mean th... (more »)

mymakersdaughter replied...
to PoeticBliss228: actually, if you Google the definition of drugs, it will say "a substance that has a psychological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular." therefore, marijuana is a drug. also, marijuana definitely is a gateway drug. eventually it will not be enough. and there is absolutely NOTHING responsible about taking any kind of drug. if you aren't responsible enough to say no to pot but are "responsible" enough to say no to harder drugs, you are ... (more »)

Fat guy said...
Teens arent the only poeple who start doing drugs too. Kids are curious

DylanBaugher said...
Not all drugs are bad.. it really depends on what drugs you are refering to. Marijuana is less harmful then alcohol and smoking. i dont personally partake because it is not healthy by any standard. But i dont think it can ruin your life. Meth and cocain on the other hand can, in my opinion

McDonalds freak 101 replied...
Yes all Drugs are bad for your imfomation Ruin your life and do "non" bad drugs i dont care

PrincessSparkle said...

Not one death was recorded ever for marijuana use. EVER. People say it's a drug but really, it's safer than drinking alcohol by a long shot and smoking cigarettes.

People tend to say "Oh, you can get addicted." WRONG!

Anyone who stops using marijuana will not feel the withdrawls or symptoms someone would have when they quit smoking or drinking.

Specify which drugs your talking about. Then, maybe try a different approach.

PoeticBliss228 replied...
Thank you. People tend to be so simple.

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
NO!  There, i said it. :)  n i agree.

stiffy69 said...
drugs are good evry one should use them look at me i have strait a's and really helthy

AnonymousFatty replied...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:53 am
It's funny because spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution doesn't even know you're supposed to capitalize the first letter of a sentence. Be less stupid please.

HelloKarissa replied...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 11:32 am
 It's not a shock you have straight A's with that astounding grammar of yours.  <--- That was me, being facesious.

JellyRolls+Pickles replied...
No studip Stupid Stuoid your gonna be super fugly pretty soon Fugly ace

a.singlenote This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Haha drugs are only bad if you're doing the wrong ones, with the wrong people, at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons. There are plenty of times it's perfectly fine, even better than, say legal drugs like Oxycontin, or even alcohol.

When you say don't do drugs, you should specify which ones, and why, and back it with scientific knowledge. Because there are reasons to not take drugs, and reasons to take them.... It's all very personal.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution replied...

1. you're isnt spelled ur

2. this is not a poem, by anyones standards

3. youre insulting someone for taking a different but not too extreme take on the issue

if somebody didnt know better i would say you're doing more drugs than the person you insulted

peterc replied...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 9:54 am
They didn't take any of the stances you spoke of in your criticism. This is the opinion forum, and everyone has an opinion. Singlenote was offering constructive criticism, whereas you not-very-subtly insulted them. Let everyone have their own opinion.