Something to think about before criticizing Drugs

By , 398765, United States
The world these days, is tumultuous. By tumultuous, I mean that there are just as many things, or more, as there always have been that make us really stressed out, make us cry, and make us do whatever we do when in distress. I'd like to address my candid remark on teens, or people who do drugs and those who criticize them.

A few days ago, I read an article about a Japanese rock singer who passed away almost 20 years ago--whom many Japanese people remembers to this day. He died at the age of 26. The cause of his death is still controversial. But one thing for sure, is that he was a drug-user and his doing drugs definitely was one of the causes of his death.

Why do I tell this story out of the blue? Well, there were reasons why he had depended on drugs. He started out when he was still in high school. He just loved to sing. But he began to break down as his record label agency treated him badly--He didn't get the money he deserved and when he wanted to sign a contract with a different company, the agency forced him to pay a huge sum of money to keep him from signing with others. He broke down mentally --he just wanted to sing, he didn't want to become a puppet. Singing was the meaning of his life. At this time, he got his hands on drugs, and using drugs, he could stay away from the harsh reality he was confronted with.

I'm not saying that drug use is a good thing, nor am I claiming that it should be acceptable. We really need to pay attention to 'why' teens do drugs. There are many things that could possibly have made them start doing drugs. It might be that they were really depressed because they broke up with their boyfriend or girlfriend. Or that their parents couldn't care for them because of their financial situation. Or that they were little awkward in making friends or talking to people. Everything that makes them stay away from facing the reality.

It's not always too late. We can lift them up from the abyss of drugs before we label them as 'freaks' or 'whackos'. They might have had some bad experiences with some people like the singer I mentioned above. There is nobody that can help them besides us. Lead them out of using drugs.
Like those firefighters rescuing people out of ablaze buildings and houses. We can rescue them. You can.

GraceMadison said...
May 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm:
I don't think people label drug users as "Freaks" or "weirdos"

Gingersnap12 said...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 7:58 am:
iLove this Story :)

mz.anonomious said...
child please i guess u snapped !!!

young flax replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 12:50 pm :
gurl jst chill doe bae

mz.anonimious replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm :
stfu dumb fitch

mr.miami springs replied...
Oct. 1, 2011 at 4:14 pm :
got to be some dirtyedison kids

maggy love :) said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 9:34 am:
i believe that if the agency he was working in was not doing a very good job than he should of find a new and better one that would of care of his well being.Also this is my opinon but if he did believe in GOD he should of gone to church and pray for himself :-}

sexy M replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 9:37 am :
lol maggy u r so right and he should of gone to church and pray like a decent citizen AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mary94 replied...
Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:48 pm :
i think for this man, and the point of this article, is that it was beyond that. what he needed was people caring for him. sure, god might be a good idea for you, but i dont think it makes a 'good citizen'. also, japan's not really known for christianity... and sometimes praying for yourself doesnt help, you need to act, or have people around you that really care. My brother was very ill with drugs and i can assure you, God wouldnt have helped. our loving family and health professionals did. Not... (more »)

A_Helicopter replied...
Jan. 21 at 3:30 pm :
Believing in god does not make you a good citizen and it does not stop you from being a bad person. He should not have gone to church to pray for himself. He should have got help from someone that is real and could actually help.

pinkjuice said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 9:33 am:
i strongly disagree with anyone dealing with drugs what so ever and i would really love to start a drug free community club for my neihborhood and my peoples in this world to promote a drug free community well being.

datboyylive960 said...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 9:32 am:
I feel that drugs should be used... Their FUNN'

Lick'itboo replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 9:37 am :
Omgee Boy my numba bee         654-967-7652

TOMZ replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 9:39 am :
ALRIGHT WHEN SHOULD I DO THAT AND ALL BE WAITING 4 U 2NIGHT OK

HollerGirl26 said...
I really appreciate this!

BeauDefi said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 2:02 pm:

I really bugs me how when kids get caught doing this kid of stuff, right away many are punished. I've been grounded so many times, and i've tried to explain that grounding won't do anything. Like you said, there are reason behind everything, and punishing is almost just like the quick route to deal with it, but in the end, it's not doing anything. The way that i've learned, is by taking a good look around at the people who i once had by my side, that have gone down a bad road. Or looking thro... (more »)

heyyouuuuu said...
May 17, 2011 at 8:55 am:
heyy mannnnnnn......meee toooo :)

Curly_Sue said...
i completely agree with you. people always look at the substince without looking at the reason behind it. that being said, there are some people that get into them just to get into them....:(

JDHpix said...
Mar. 13, 2011 at 3:44 pm:
uh drugs? find God and some friends before you go ruining your life and somebody elses.

BabyGirlBrittany replied...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 9:18 am :
I see where you coming from, The I agree with the author I don't think you are understand the article . She is sayin it't not okay to do drugs but we need to look to understand the reasons why people are doing it. They obviousley are going through some serious stuff in theres lives. That person on drugs could have lost a mom, a friend, have a physical disease or mental ilness, maybe they are abused you just don't know, So instead of criticizing them , Help them. Be a hero