Dear drugs and Alchohol This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

Jezabel said...
Oct. 22, 2009 at 9:10 am
that was beautiful. you got ur point across, in such a artistic way

Crissey2497 replied...
I loved this, i actually almost cried, because my parents use drugs and I've seen the worse things pot do to people...

lama12306 said...
I like it I to like the end its ture and well put

unique said...
um i would just like to say that i like this article and how it was written and my favorite part is at the end when you signed off from the letter that was cool

ciaradell This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 12:00 am
Very nice article! :D
I don't know what else to say but wow.

random:crazy&insane said...
my parents smoke a lot and i don't see what good it does. all it does is make it harder for you to breathe and is just a horrible habit to get into. i don't see what people see in it... everyone says that it is cool but i would rather be healthy and have good lungs than be "cool". which i really don't see how that is cool

Paul G. said...
drugs and alcohol are two horrible things
im very glad to see some people agree
im in an organization to prevent teens from doing them in my hometown

alwzl8t said...
as well do i my mom is somking

JoCo Girl said...
goldrush77, you do drugs? I certainly hope not. Drugs ruin people's lives. How old are you?

newgoldrush77 replied...
u see that was my brother, once again im sorry.

JoCoGirl replied...
That's fine. I was just worried tht you were on drugs. As long as you're not, I'm happy :) .

newgoldrush77 replied...
thank you, he will be punished and i can assure you he is drug free ( i think) and thanks 4 caring:)

Ghetto faboulous replied...
i dont get why they do drugs that just plain stupid i mean i know some people that do drugs and they are my friends but i am helping them know

JoCo Girl said...
I agree that drugs are completely and totally bad. As for goldrush77's comment, i'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but it is not funny. What r u thinking?!?

Jaquie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Um... I'd like you to take a look at my poem goldrush77 . I'm not asking you to conform to my beliefs but I'd just like you to read it. I think you might find it interesting.
God bless,
...,

newegoldrush77 replied...
i liked the poems

archon replied...
FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE DRUGFREE OR TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE TO BE or for anyone who just wants to see something amazing and wants motivation, check this video out PLEAS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd3XK6czbO4