Dear drugs and Alchohol This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

Backwoods_Princess said...
Jan. 5, 2010 at 11:55 am:
Very nice work!!

krhinesly said...
wow, that was straight forward & verry well done.

The_Erstwhile_Pedestrian said...
Nicely done! Insightful and to the point!

WriterA.M. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
My novel needs readers. Anybody interested? It's part drama, thriller, action, and social commentary on our corrupt teen world. It takes place in the near future.

Darkstar6265 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 23, 2009 at 10:37 pm :
Ill read it where is it at?

WriterA.M. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 28, 2009 at 3:15 pm :
I submitted about six pieces of my novel on here, but they are currently pending approval. A very long approval it seems, none of them have been approved yet. But I can send it to you by different means.

photographer_author_artist_lover said...
Amazing! I love it and agree with you!

ChloeAills said...
Dec. 6, 2009 at 1:02 am:
Very, Very, Very Creative and well done. You are truley amazing. I bet you know that though. ((:

Dec. 6, 2009 at 1:54 am :
Thanks I'm glad that you liked it.

straightedge193 said...
Wow. Amazing. That's exactly how I feel, but written way better then I could ever write it. Amazing. I love it.

Young=ZO3 said...
i thynk dat this is an amazing thoughtful scene also the speaker thinks with his/her heart about what they thynk thats all 4 now peace

l@dy d3n$0n said...
this story really tells the this is an everyday thing that happens

fiVE StAR[iSh] said...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 10:54 am:
diSz StORy WASz GUd

Dat Chocoholic Girl said...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 10:50 am:
wow tihs article really impreset me i really got in the mood and now i now how people think when theire drunk or hi or both this is exacly how i feel about drug, alcohol and much more. i really fell your pain

Lanah&Brookeh said...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 10:49 am:
I think this story is Nice, it gets to the point and gives details about what drugs do to you.

pictolover said...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 9:05 am:
I really like this article. It gets your point across in a very unique way. Keep it up.

Dat Chocoholic Girl replied...
Nov. 6, 2009 at 10:54 am :
wow nice way of commenting that was really nice and that is exacly what i mean people dont care about any thing once there drunk or hi it really dont matter what they do cause they dont have a clue until the next morning when all of a sudden they wake in jail and ask what are they doing there.

Ashely said...
very strong, and true. a humans mind is made of playdo and can easly be twisted around anything.

Electricity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
very good. I like your points. nicely done.

newgoldrush77 said...
i am so sorry. my little brother got on my computer and typed up a bunch of fake messages. i am so sorry to all of those people feelings he hurt and i liked ur poems Jaquie.