Dear drugs and Alchohol This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

ShannonVictoria said...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 7:36 pm:
Nice! i really liked it. I did. :D

autumnfox12 said...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:24 pm:
Means well and a clever idea and piece of writing.
Good job. :3

Hope4All said...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:44 pm:
man this is inspiring. i feed off my emotions to write poetry for drug addicted and emotionally disturbed friends. Wow that made me sound psychotic. anyway, i'm gonna write a poem about this, i'll let you kno wen i post it. god bless...

Darkstar6265 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 12:50 pm :
Thanks I'm glad you liked it, and yeah let me know when you post it so I can read it. And I don't think that makes you sound psychotic, everybody gets their inspiration from somewhere.

Hope4All replied...
Mar. 19, 2010 at 7:18 pm :
Thanks for the encouragement!!
I'll let you know soon~ God Bless You!!

alexisabbott said...
Mar. 4, 2010 at 2:23 pm:
Everyone has their opinions..... some people abuse the use of drugs and alchahol but some don't it can sometime be a way to past time. i don't like cigs but but some times people drink and pople smoke pot of a way to have fun........ that is my opinion. but good writing.

MusicIsMyLife2013 said...
Feb. 15, 2010 at 10:46 pm:
i cried reading this.smoking gave my father a condition. he left me and my mom..before i was born.it made him steal and almost kill. he died when i was in 7th grade. that was 3 years ago.i barely knew him and only saw him a few times. R.I.P

Feb. 15, 2010 at 10:52 pm :
That's terribly depressing. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

ShannonVictoria replied...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 7:40 pm :
I too am really sorry for your loss.

YvonneCox said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 10:14 pm:
This is a great letter. Not everyone hates the drugs though just because some cure diesease. and some make it worse. i guess its a for better or for worse type of thing.
all in all, great writing! :)

!*~*<3*~*! said...
Jan. 29, 2010 at 9:02 am:
Although u many think that making this work a drug free, alcohol free, and cigarrett free would help us but it could make everything worse. having drug, alochol, cigarrett addicts withdrawl could make the violance in the world worse. but that is just my opinion.

emilyj93 said...
Wow thank you so much for writing this, I couldn't agree more. Your style is unique and intriguing. This piece has inspired me, keep writing!

sprinkshine said...
True that. I'm anti-drug. If people could control themselves, it might be a different story.

A-Nony-Mouse said...
Jan. 20, 2010 at 12:46 am:
I like the concept, and i agree that drugs and alcohal are to be used with caution, the way you might play with a lighter. But I'm not anti-drug, I think it shouldnt be up to one person whether or not another drinks, smokes or does drugs.

SonnyChapman said...
Great piece (:

Sunshine Doll said...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 11:07 am:
It's well written bu I have to disagree with the 'we can't liv without you' part. We can live without drugs, cigarettes or alchool. Humans must stop the production of all this.
We, humans, the world, must be drug free, cigarette free and alchool free.

SonnyChapman replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 4:44 pm :
A completely drug free, cigarette free, and alcohol free world? Get real, darling. The drug industry makes billions.
Besides, the withdrawl would kill almost everyone.

Sunshine Doll replied...
Jan. 8, 2010 at 10:05 am :
Well, before drugs, cigarettes and alchool existed, we got along very well. In fact, we were much more healthy. The Drug insdustry may make billions, but it's helping no one...

PMack33 replied...
Oct. 16, 2010 at 9:43 pm :
When did the world not have drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes? It even says in the bible that they all drank wine.

immadothePureWay replied...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:15 pm :
Even if drugs and alcohol have been around for an extremely long time (they have), that does NOT make them beneficial. Certain drugs can be used to a certain extent, but we can all live without them. Naturally, if you're an addict, a withdrawal may kill you. I'm not saying that we should eliminate them all starting right now; I'm just pointing out that the bad they do usually outways the good. Sunshine is absolutely right about one thing: we CAN CERTAINLY get along without them. The fact that dr... (more »)