Dear drugs and Alchohol This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

randommane said...
.........asdfghjkl;

khodge said...
Dec. 1, 2010 at 8:43 am:

drugs are illegal

doubleblacklover said...
sooooooooooooooooo true!

b.s....... said...
this is dumb and wrong

Darkstar6265 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:48 pm :
Thanks for you're awesome detail on why it's dumb and wrong so I can't agree or prove you wrong.

topothesia said...
Nov. 23, 2010 at 6:36 am:
not all drugs are bad, some are used for medical purposes. A lot of art was created with the use of drugs.

Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:50 pm :
I agree, not all drugs are bad. Actually most drugs when used with the right dosage are very beneifcal. However don't always use them in that way. Also an interesting fact that artists who were on LSD and those who weren't comparied pictures and people reported that they didn't see a difference in creativity. Though I'm sure the ones that were painted on LSD were stranger. But you're right a lot fo art was created using drugs.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Feb. 13, 2011 at 2:41 pm :
I seem to remember that in the letter that the author wrote, they said that some of the drugs have saved many and made billions of dollars. So the whole letter wasn't about how drugs are bad, as you seem to think.

Smiles123 said...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 11:01 am:
wow. i agree with this completely. it's like i've always felt the same way but was never able to put it into words. i have lost many friends and family to drug and acohol abuse. it is a serious problem and i hope that one day someone will do something to end it. i wish i could be the one to stop it but how is one person supposed to change millions of peoples minds about drugs? anyway i think this is brilliant:)

hrf1434 said...
Oct. 20, 2010 at 10:24 am:
Amen, speak the truth

Panda500 said...

u r da bomb

Kronik said...
well ppl you shuld all listen this ..and pay close attention of what are about to go tru when you try a drug..

freewriter_123 said...
A lot of people are saying that alcohol isnt bad and some of the worlds greast art was created becuase of it. That doesnt mean they should keep doing it. There are many other ways to create great art. And if anyone here has ever been drunk before knows what I'm saying when I say that after all that fun you have had is over you dont feel good. Depressed,guilty,maybe ashamed. Alcohol can only provide relaxation for the moment, but after you feel all those things I just said

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution replied...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 3:19 pm :

youre getting your drugs mixed up, alcohol really impairs your ability to do anything and its not really the typical artists go to drug,  you might be thinking of hallucinogens. alcohol also doesnt give you relaxation, weed, cigs and some pharmaceuticals can if used correctly

Mia_Stinetuck said...

Of all the close minded snuff... Dedication to a career can wreck lives, stripe youth and devistate families just as easily. People fall to addiction because its something that dont have; sugar, caffiene, an addiction stronger then heroine with, I don't know, only a world full of abusers out there? If people want to give thier lives up to something, they will. Doesnt always have to be a socailly unacceptable substance, thats just the easiest  option as people always want to be more then ... (more »)

Sept. 12, 2010 at 6:20 pm :

I just want to address something that when you are surfing through the opinion part of teenink it means that the articles are opinionated and are about a very specific point of view. The title of my paper is Dear drugs and alcohol (with the world alcohol misspelled because I'm an idiot.) Which means the focus of my paper is drugs and alcohol. It's not labeled The reason why there is suffering in the world is because of drugs. If it were then yes I would be closed minded. B... (more »)

T.SBronson replied...
Dec. 3, 2010 at 1:38 am :
All the problems you are talking about with drugs arent the drugs, but the people using them. Most people that use drugs dont come out so great. Most people also watch television, and believe what they see in the news. Drugs arent the problem, the problem is simply that the majority of people are idiots.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Feb. 13, 2011 at 2:48 pm :
I think that you already said that. Way back when, when they didn't know how bad nicotine was for you, many, many people smoked. Those people are now older, but they are indeed addicted. And others become addicted because of them. Their family members, their family members' friends... It was just from misinformation. My great-grandfather wasn't an idiot. He wasn't informed properly about the dangers of smoking in his youth, as I am. He didn't go out and commit suicide bec... (more »)

StarlightStormcloud said...
This is silly.  Drugs and Alcohol don't ruin people.  People ruin themselves.  

freewriter_123 replied...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 3:51 pm :
Yes the people ruin themselves but its because of the drugs and alcohol that it happens. If drugs and alcohol didnt exist i can promise you this world would be better