Dear drugs and Alchohol This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

immortalfreaklol said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 5:18 pm:
I love this! Its sarcastic and true. (;

finners said...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 10:22 am:
i know how it is to drugs ruin your life and mess you up big time

sedentarysteve said...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 8:23 pm:
drugs in many ways are terrible.  most of the drugs you see on the streets were actually considered medicine once upon a time.  But i consider pharmaceutical drugs actually more dangerous because contrary to popular belief you can get it easier than say heroin.  you also have to consider what a pill does to prevent or treat a sickness and what the side effects are.  marijuana however is a drug that is pretty harmless.  marijuana: side effects may include, increased appet... (more »)

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution replied...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 3:14 pm :
i completely agree, excellent point about the side affects of pharmaceuticals, also to anyone reading this never mix drugs unless its weed, cigs, or alcohol, obviously anything above that is completely horrible but mixing them increases a possibility for death by an insane amount

writerauterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm :
this is a very good article. i love how you wrote to drugs and alcohol like they were a living person that you could "chew out". i disagree when people say tht marajauna isnt addictive, because i have seen not only my friends get addicted to it, but also my mother, who eventually went on to bigger drugs to get the same "high." i have to say, that drugs ruin peoples lives and families. i agree with darkstar6265. <3 you did a wonderful job, keep writing!!:)

Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm :

LoveMeFoever said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 12:11 pm:
It's So True, I Love Your Article. Many People Don't See What It Is Doing To Us. It Is Ruining Our Lives, And We Are Not Stopping It... It's Bull.

babygurl said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 3:39 pm:
people should not do drugs don't they see drugsare bad for them and other poeple:)

sweetheart said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 3:35 pm:
people this days should noy do drugs can't they see drugs are bad they can ruin peoples life.bye people

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution said...
Mar. 4, 2011 at 12:09 am:

the way i see it is like this:

cigaretts: relieve stress, can be used as a temporary crutch for a hard time and will not impair your ability to do anything, but horrible for you

weed: has been smoked in america since its inception (declaration of independence was written on hemp), better alternative than alcohol, impairs you but not to a damaging extent (unless you smoke a mile wide bowl in which its probably best you not reproduce anyway) has created a culture of... (more »)

kellykohhuimin said...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:45 am:
drugs are horrible! but accpet for medicine it heals those who are sick if you ate the medicine unnessaryly you are in great trouble

starlight26This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 1, 2011 at 4:09 pm:
I love how you put this together. It just defined what drugs/alcohol has done to our society both negatively and so called"positively" Great job!!!!!:)

alogolf23 said...
Jan. 28, 2011 at 9:47 am:
dont do drugs but cool story bro

Lespaul4 said...
Its not up to "creativity" it's what the user is seeing What you see on LSD is nothing you coul EVER see in reality so while the creativity may be the same what you are creative about is miles apart.

bjmcrank said...
Jan. 6, 2011 at 7:25 am:
i agree, and i love how you wrote this, and theres so many teen picking up there parents drug habits or geting curios and trying them. most my freinds smoke. but there great people.. just just got in a addiction..

MJ5gram said...
i agree with niki go pot

Keli S. said...

i agree with this. my dad is an alcoholic and thats the main reason my parents got devoriced. i think things like pot should only be legal of medical purposes, like people with cancer to help them while there going through treatment. but they shouldn't be able to keep getting it after they are cured of it like some people do.

Also i know someone who used to do all sorts of drugs. she only did it because she was trying to kill herself the entire time and thank god stopped before she did... (more »)

Ashley.NoelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 12, 2012 at 1:48 pm :
This is exactly the point of this article! Even though drugs and alcohol may seem like fun or a good way to fix your issues, it's not the answer and there's a better, safer way to fix the problem, whatever it is.

T.SBronson said...
Dec. 3, 2010 at 1:35 am:
A drug is nothing more than a substance. It can do good (DMT has opened my eyes to viewing the world in an entirely different way, a incredibly spiritual point of view, and the greatest artists in the world have said the same) or can cause pain, but the drug is not to blame. People will either make wise decisions, or poor decisions. You want to know the real reason that drugs are viewed as bad? because the majority of people are idiots. 

Darkstar6265 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 12:47 pm :
I agree that the majority of people are idiots. However some if not most drugs lower inhibitions (which most people don't have enough control of anyways). So that's why people make stupider decisions than normal which in that case would be directly the result of the drug. And you're right drugs in controled amounts can be very benefical.  Also an interesting fact derived from a study is that when artists were on LSD and painted a picture and than comparied it to pictures that artists painte... (more »)