Dear drugs and Alchohol This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

bobfrigginjohnson said...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 7:12 am:
you should love da drugs and u suckat writing

nathan12 replied...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 4:48 pm :
Dear bobfrigginjohnson You say this persaon sucks at writing when u cant even write a complete sentance?

nathan12 replied...
Jan. 24, 2012 at 4:49 pm :
person* my bad

caddy12 said...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:00 am:
bad bad and bad

StarryRoss said...
The personification is great, but still watch your syntax and grammar. When they are, or they're, (not 'their') not on you, they dream of you...  And also 'lead and helped toward depression' and 'built and helped economies' may sound awkward. Try verbs like influence or progressed, or other words for help in this context. Just suggestions, and just technical stuff anyway, so it was a refreshing and original idea, really nice writing :)

TaurusGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 2, 2011 at 10:36 am:
Excellent!!! It's so on-point. I love how the way you use the third person's view, the word "you". It affects so many people, so many "you"s. And it kind of twists your mind. Some people want to make it disappear, on the other hand, someone cannot survive without it. This is such a meaningful article.

mickydick3000 said...
Sept. 28, 2011 at 7:52 am:

that was a great story

yeamehey replied...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 4:32 pm :
This... is... awesome. :)<3

followyourbliss said...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 11:14 am:
Great article/letter. It was a creative way to explain how drugs rule the world in a sense. But I believe that these drugs include heroin, coke, crack, metch. Man-made stuff. Marijuana does not fit into the "drug" catagory in my opinion.

daughterofeve14 replied...
Oct. 29, 2011 at 2:31 pm :
I believe weed does have its pros and cons. It can help cancer, but can kill all brain cells if you smoke enough. Ive never done it but know many people that do. 

kurtis.m.russell replied...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 7:18 am :
these things don't kill people, people kill people

Pumpkinscout said...
Really good article!

jmdsl said...
Sept. 7, 2011 at 8:09 am:
realy good

DirectingGabsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is amazing. You did really good and I totally agree with everything that was said.

Odessa_Sterling00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:44 pm:
Drugs and alchohoel hurt.  I wish they would all fall of the earth.  Send them to the aliens and then we won't have to worry about brilliant aliens ending the human life.  

Posiedensheartbreak said...
May 28, 2011 at 9:14 pm:
This is an amzing article it is so true and it gives you a new perspective of how drugs effect our own lives

K.S.Z. said...
May 4, 2011 at 12:58 pm:
Hey, man, I can't agree with you more. That's one helluva well-written statement.

writerforlife said...
Wow! I am impressed! I love the connections you have made. This is a very strong piece of writing.  You should elaborate more and then turn this into an essay. You never know, it may come in handy some day.

immortalfreaklol said...
Mar. 29, 2011 at 5:18 pm:
I love this! Its sarcastic and true. (;

finners said...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 10:22 am:
i know how it is to drugs ruin your life and mess you up big time