Dear drugs and Alchohol

By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

Tibbs BRONZE said...
on Feb. 6 2012 at 12:18 pm
Tibbs BRONZE, Rochester, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

An idle mind is the Devil's workshop.

Good for you for speaking your mind, but be more specific. The term 'drug' is too general. I hope you weren't referring to the good drugs! Also, some of your grammar is weird. Perfect grammar makes anything look better.

on Feb. 6 2012 at 4:39 am
missunderstood@04 BRONZE, Faridabad, Other
Its good to see there are people who address such issues. Constructive writing. Strong and short. Total thumbs up.

on Feb. 6 2012 at 2:50 am
michaela mrianda BRONZE, Temporary, Other
wow amazing you are strong to adress this issue

on Feb. 2 2012 at 10:41 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Nice job addressing the impacts drugs make on our society---the personification was great. Just watch your grammar---it's people's no "peoples." But other than that, I thought your piece was on point. 5/5

on Jan. 27 2012 at 5:49 pm
RealisticWoman BRONZE, Nowhere Land, Alabama
Hey, hey, hey! Sounds like some women I know over in the big cities! I like how you wrote this as a letter. It was very creative and had great insight. Good job.

on Jan. 26 2012 at 2:53 pm
KaylaAmy-Marie BRONZE, Wilsonville, New York

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open which open for us."

but other then that i actually enjoyed this

on Jan. 26 2012 at 2:48 pm

but i loved this, you are a good writer

on Jan. 26 2012 at 2:47 pm

Alcohol doesnt do this to people... People do it all by themselves, if alcohol wasnt here. They'd just find another way to harm themseves

on Jan. 24 2012 at 4:49 pm
nathan12 BRONZE, Everson, Washington

Desire for success should be greater than fear of failure – Bill Cosby

person* my bad

on Jan. 24 2012 at 4:48 pm
nathan12 BRONZE, Everson, Washington

Dear bobfrigginjohnson You say this persaon sucks at writing when u cant even write a complete sentance?

on Jan. 11 2012 at 7:12 am
you should love da drugs and u suckat writing

caddy12 said...
on Jan. 3 2012 at 11:00 am
bad bad and bad

on Dec. 14 2011 at 9:04 pm
StarryRoss GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Writing is the socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." -E.L. Doctorow

The personification is great, but still watch your syntax and grammar. When they are, or they're, (not 'their') not on you, they dream of you...  And also 'lead and helped toward depression' and 'built and helped economies' may sound awkward. Try verbs like influence or progressed, or other words for help in this context. Just suggestions, and just technical stuff anyway, so it was a refreshing and original idea, really nice writing :)

TaurusGal GOLD said...
on Nov. 2 2011 at 10:36 am
TaurusGal GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
Excellent!!! It's so on-point. I love how the way you use the third person's view, the word "you". It affects so many people, so many "you"s. And it kind of twists your mind. Some people want to make it disappear, on the other hand, someone cannot survive without it. This is such a meaningful article.

on Oct. 29 2011 at 2:31 pm
daughterofeve14 BRONZE, Adger, Alabama

You quit once, you'll quit again! -Tyler Austin Evans.

I believe weed does have its pros and cons. It can help cancer, but can kill all brain cells if you smoke enough. Ive never done it but know many people that do. 

on Oct. 28 2011 at 4:32 pm
yeamehey BRONZE, Margate, New Jersey

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. "
--John Lennon

This... is... awesome. :)<3

on Sep. 28 2011 at 7:52 am

that was a great story

on Sep. 16 2011 at 11:14 am
followyourbliss BRONZE, Williamstown, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Follow your bliss and destroy the beauty" - Buddy Nielsen

Great article/letter. It was a creative way to explain how drugs rule the world in a sense. But I believe that these drugs include heroin, coke, crack, metch. Man-made stuff. Marijuana does not fit into the "drug" catagory in my opinion.

on Sep. 12 2011 at 7:11 pm
Rocinante SILVER, Wexford, Pennsylvania
Really good article!

jmdsl BRONZE said...
on Sep. 7 2011 at 8:09 am
jmdsl BRONZE, Vigo, Other
1 article 1 photo 9 comments

theres no second time without third time

realy good

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!