Dear drugs and Alchohol This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

TheLuncheonette said...
May 25, 2012 at 8:36 pm:
I seen so many of these "drug" articles submitted and the term "drugs" is really broad. For example, marijuana isn't an addictive drug, so I don't think "you make the most successful men your slave" is accurate. 

mariomaster said...
I beg to differ on this point. You use the term "drug" too broadly. A lot of drugs are safe and fun. Thinking of things never hurts. If it's so terrible, you should of wrote an essay on wet dreams. Death sucks, but this essay is the product of pure indoctrination, and is rambling.

mariomaster replied...
Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:07 pm :
Sorry, "should've." And of course, a lot of the world loves them.

Love-me-forever said...
I totally agree with this article.

DarkIsThyThought said...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 8:55 am:
I really loved how you made drugs into a person! Spelling mistakes or not, I loved it!

callmeike said...
Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:01 pm:
This is very well written, but the only thing that I think could be changed is the few grammatical errors you had in there. It was a good story. I like how you made it in a letter sending it to drugs. Well done! I hope to see more of your work :)

Caravana said...
Feb. 20, 2012 at 1:21 pm:
love it! short but you really proved your point with your word choice, great job :)

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:45 pm:
this was really creative. it was an interesting way of stating all the things drugs can do. My only critique would be (of course) the one spelling thing that u've already been corrected on and answered to, and then maybe write a bit more in depth. but i still loved it, and i think u could turn it into a great poem, too. think about it :)

Kaffeine said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:23 pm:
Short and sweet. I like it!

calliwalli said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 4:05 pm:
I like the message, but the englishteacher in me says, 'you misspelled they're and wrote their' in one of the first sentences.

Darkstar6265 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm :
Yeah you're right. Unfortunately, since I wrote this a long time ago it has a lot of grammatical mistakes in it. If I could go through and edit it I would. But thanks for the feedback it's always appreciated.

Tibbs This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:18 pm:
Good for you for speaking your mind, but be more specific. The term 'drug' is too general. I hope you weren't referring to the good drugs! Also, some of your grammar is weird. Perfect grammar makes anything look better.

Kanupriya S. said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 4:39 am:
Its good to see there are people who address such issues. Constructive writing. Strong and short. Total thumbs up.

Michaela M. said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 2:50 am:
wow amazing you are strong to adress this issue

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 10:41 am:
Nice job addressing the impacts drugs make on our society---the personification was great. Just watch your grammar---it's people's no "peoples." But other than that, I thought your piece was on point. 5/5

RealisticWoman said...
Hey, hey, hey! Sounds like some women I know over in the big cities! I like how you wrote this as a letter. It was very creative and had great insight. Good job.

KaylaAmy-Marie said...
but other then that i actually enjoyed this

KaylaAmy-Marie said...
but i loved this, you are a good writer

KaylaAmy-Marie said...
Alcohol doesnt do this to people... People do it all by themselves, if alcohol wasnt here. They'd just find another way to harm themseves

dukecitysouthpaw replied...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:51 pm :
you obviously dont know the pain of alcoholism