Dear drugs and Alchohol

By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

on Jun. 17 2012 at 4:31 pm
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Thanks. I wrote this a long time ago before I was very good at grammar and spelling. I've gotten a lot better now but it's a shame that you can't go back and edit your pieces. 

on Jun. 17 2012 at 4:04 pm
pandagirl312 GOLD, Leawood, Kansas
I like how you formatted your opinions into a letter to drugs. Cool idea. I would definitely go back and fix grammar errors and look for them when writing in the future. But besides that, well done. :)

on Jun. 17 2012 at 3:55 pm
MayaaMagdy BRONZE, Nasr City, Other

i totally agree with you,i love your way of writing

on May. 25 2012 at 8:36 pm
TheLuncheonette SILVER, Montreal, Other
I seen so many of these "drug" articles submitted and the term "drugs" is really broad. For example, marijuana isn't an addictive drug, so I don't think "you make the most successful men your slave" is accurate. 

FreeThinker said...
on May. 4 2012 at 1:22 pm
Nice insight, KaylaAmy. What people don't understand is, they HAVE a choice. They don't let it run their lives. I got away from that scene. Others can too.

on Apr. 12 2012 at 9:07 pm
mariomaster BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota

History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction.

Sorry, "should've." And of course, a lot of the world loves them.

on Apr. 12 2012 at 9:03 pm
mariomaster BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota

I beg to differ on this point. You use the term "drug" too broadly. A lot of drugs are safe and fun. Thinking of things never hurts. If it's so terrible, you should of wrote an essay on wet dreams. Death sucks, but this essay is the product of pure indoctrination, and is rambling.

on Apr. 12 2012 at 1:48 pm
Ashley.Noel SILVER, Lugoff, South Carolina

"You can't always wait for opportunity to knock; sometimes you have to knock the door off its hinges and pumble opportunity in the streets."
~ Lisa Landry, "Sister, Sister"

This is exactly the point of this article! Even though drugs and alcohol may seem like fun or a good way to fix your issues, it's not the answer and there's a better, safer way to fix the problem, whatever it is.

on Apr. 12 2012 at 1:10 pm
Hetalia-otaku SILVER, Sweden, Maine
I totally agree with this article.

on Mar. 23 2012 at 8:55 am
DarkIsThyThought BRONZE, Shishpipkabibble, Pennsylvania

I think I know enough of hate- to say that for destruction ice- is also great- and would suffice.

I really loved how you made drugs into a person! Spelling mistakes or not, I loved it!

on Mar. 21 2012 at 11:01 pm
callmeike SILVER, Denver, Colorado

Heroes die, Legends endure.

This is very well written, but the only thing that I think could be changed is the few grammatical errors you had in there. It was a good story. I like how you made it in a letter sending it to drugs. Well done! I hope to see more of your work :)

on Mar. 21 2012 at 7:18 am
kurtis.m.russell, Zama-shi, Other

But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell. We'll tell you that, uh, Kojak always gets the killer, or that nobody ever gets cancer at Archie Bunker's house, and no matter how much trouble the hero is in, don't worry, just look at your watch; at the end of the hour he's going to win. We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here. You're beginning to think that the tube is reality, and that your own lives are unreal. You do whatever the tube tells you! You dress like the tube, you eat like the tube, you raise your children like the tube, you even *think* like the tube! This is mass madness, you maniacs! In God's name, you people are the real thing! *WE* are the illusion! So turn off your television sets. Turn them off now. Turn them off right now. Turn them off and leave them off! Turn them off right in the middle of the sentence I'm speaking to you now! TURN THEM OFF...

these things don't kill people, people kill people

KaylaAmy said...
on Mar. 4 2012 at 8:27 am
i've had an alcoholic as a mother for 11 years i think i know by now.

on Feb. 28 2012 at 7:51 pm
dukecitysouthpaw SILVER, Moriarty, New Mexico

"How can you call yourself tolerant, but refuse to tolerate the intolerant?
-Myself

you obviously dont know the pain of alcoholism

on Feb. 28 2012 at 1:15 pm
Even if drugs and alcohol have been around for an extremely long time (they have), that does NOT make them beneficial. Certain drugs can be used to a certain extent, but we can all live without them. Naturally, if you're an addict, a withdrawal may kill you. I'm not saying that we should eliminate them all starting right now; I'm just pointing out that the bad they do usually outways the good. Sunshine is absolutely right about one thing: we CAN CERTAINLY get along without them. The fact that drug lords are becoming rich off of these things is entirely irrelevant.

Caravana GOLD said...
on Feb. 20 2012 at 1:21 pm
Caravana GOLD, Joplin, Missouri

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who gives me strength."

love it! short but you really proved your point with your word choice, great job :)

on Feb. 6 2012 at 11:45 pm
Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other
this was really creative. it was an interesting way of stating all the things drugs can do. My only critique would be (of course) the one spelling thing that u've already been corrected on and answered to, and then maybe write a bit more in depth. but i still loved it, and i think u could turn it into a great poem, too. think about it :)

Kaffeine said...
on Feb. 6 2012 at 7:23 pm
Kaffeine, X, Other
Short and sweet. I like it!

on Feb. 6 2012 at 5:05 pm
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Yeah you're right. Unfortunately, since I wrote this a long time ago it has a lot of grammatical mistakes in it. If I could go through and edit it I would. But thanks for the feedback it's always appreciated.

on Feb. 6 2012 at 4:05 pm
calliwalli BRONZE, Carlisle, Pennsylvania

-Finding disapointment at the end of a long journey is worth satisfying curiosity.

-Going the wrong direction is still going somewhere. Wouldn't it be worse to go nowhere at all?

I like the message, but the englishteacher in me says, 'you misspelled they're and wrote their' in one of the first sentences.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!