is it worth sitting out? | Teen Ink

is it worth sitting out?

By MagnusSwanson BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
MagnusSwanson BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Vaping is not coping with things that are going wrong. The main way I find and my research has seen is that teens like fruity flavors so if they would cut down on those flavors then most won't start and some would quit. The real reason people think it's cool or doesn't want to be judged is that their friends do. Peer pressure from their friends nowadays is a huge part of people starting. Most of the time it's one person in a group who does one time and then gets hooked and then it is a domino effect. But the other main way people/teens start is from their parents other older people that they spend time with.

The teens that start for no reason not from peer pressure don't understand the health risks like lung cancer and other respiratory system health problems. “Also when teens started vaping and it got more popular was at the beginning of COVID-19. It started with 10%-24% of teens vaping and as of 2022 24%-40% of teens have started vaping says Kale Dimitra of the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health”. People are thinking smoking is super bad and all vaping is water vapor. When it is different chemicals that people don't know about. When in reality it gives a higher chance of getting lung cancer and messes up teens' and adults' health insides. But people that have asthma vape it could make it worse. But the only good thing that could come from vaping is.

It can be good. That goes agents everything everyone says but if smoking cigarettes or smoking weed vaping could be better. If smoking cigarettes and switching to vaping could go down from 70% nicotine to 60% to 50% and so on. The flavors are better than cigarettes also. So vaping in the big picture is bad but smoking cigarettes they are a good option to help stop smoking cigarettes.