Inside and Out | Teen Ink

Inside and Out

By eer0707 BRONZE, Gretna, Louisiana
eer0707 BRONZE, Gretna, Louisiana

There have been a lot of issues in this world, but one of the biggest problems is self confidence. A lot of people find it really hard to accept themselves, especially girls. Girls feel like they have to look and act a certain way, but all they have to do is be themselves. Women today are apparently under men in the society. Women and girls need to know that they are beautiful just the way they are. Girls today are being judged on how they act and how they look today in society. Girls have to have blonde hair, blue eyes, no acne, etc., but this is not true. Society hurts people who do not have the “perfect image”. This is how bullying is and how it is viewed. Today, women and girls are “weird” for not having the perfect body. Instead of how people look, we need to look at what’s on the inside instead of the outside. Girls can be beautiful by the way the act. Everyone is amazing just the way they are, inside and out. In society, men overtake women. Women are seen as weak and cannot do activities that men do. Men do all of the work while women cook and clean, but it should be different. Women can do everything a guy can do. They do not have to stay home and take care of the house. They can be engineers, lawyers, and other hard working jobs. Women are just as powerful as men. Women are beautiful just the way they are. Society apparently tells girls what they do and how they look. Women are more than that though. They are kind and hardworking. They like to help whenever they can. Next time you feel like you are not good enough, you should know that you are beautiful from the inside and out.