Immigrants: The Struggles They Face | Teen Ink

Immigrants: The Struggles They Face

Nowadays, it seems to me that immigrants are facing more discrimination than ever. That’s all I hear on the news. It should not be that way. Immigrants are being told, “Go back to where you belong!” That is not beneficial to our country.

But isn’t there ways to stop racism? Honestly, racism will probably never end. Every person has their own point of view on certain things, and I respect that, but sometimes people tend to show their point of view violently and disrespectfully. That’s why I think races are always against each other. So many people get together and do violent protests that don’t help out the situation. I think stopping protests will help, it’s an unpopular opinion, but at times protests just trigger even more violence and hatred.

Another way to help put an end to racism is to just “Kill them with kindness,” even if someone is being impolite.Yelling and fighting back isn’t the wisest decision. If we’re uncivil to others, nothing will ever be peaceful. It may just cause more chaos.

This is another issue we face: people are arrogant. It is quite childish. No person is better than another. In the end, we are all just human beings. We can’t downgrade any races or ethnicities, we all make up this wonderful country. It would not be the same if only one group of similar people lived in it.

We also have to treat others the way we like to be treated. No other race should be treated differently than another. It’s unfair. Each race has to be humble to one another, it shouldn’t matter where we are from, and a whole race should not be judged just because one person made a mistake.

Immigrants are discriminated against about coming to the United States, since immigrants ‘don’t belong here’ according to some people, but immigrants actually come here to have a better life, not just for themselves, but for their family also. They dream about coming here to the great United States, we shouldn’t ruin it for them. We should all work together as diverse people to make this a more better and welcoming place for others. If we do, the United States will be a much more better place, I just wish more people though the the same.

Wiseman125 BRONZE, Granite Falls, Washington

"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings-always darker, emptier and simpler" -Friedrich Nietzche

I don't understand telling a legal immigrant to go home, but I can agree when it's illegal. Sure they want a better life, but we suffer at there expense.