Gay people deserve the same rights as other people | Teen Ink

Gay people deserve the same rights as other people

By kate49 BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
kate49 BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

Gay people deserve the same rights we have!

In my opinion Gay people should be able to do the same thing everyone else is allowed to do. For example a gay couple is not allowed to adopt a kid. Someone might say “oh well katie they could just move somewhere else if that couple really wants to have an adopted kid” they have a point but their are family members that they have there and it would be wrong for them to move.

Another example gay people aren't allowed to donate blood because they have a high risk of H.I.V (Human Immunodeficiency Virus). But (fact) girls are allowed to like lesbiens. But why are guys any different from lesbiens in my opinion i just dont get it. But on the other hand it’s because the doctors want the gay guys to know its at high risk so in a big way there helping them.

There is thirteen states that don't allow gay marriage those states are the following. Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Ohio, and Tennessee. 13 states don’t allow gay marriage! Its a problem!. On the other hand there is 50 states so just go to the other states. But why would you move states just because you can't marry in that state. Just do a private wedding in your house with a bunch of family members and if they see you got married just say “well what if a gay couple came here and moved here while they are married, it’s the same thing i just didn't get publicly married”. Then the mayor of the state will say to themselves “ well they are married now and gay couples who are married visit so i guess we could allow it here”. But that’s only if they are nice that they would allow it.

Another problem why can't gay couples adopt kids! Lesbiens do it. On the other hand they could just move to a state to just adopt there or they could stay there and ask the president to help this situation

The reason why i did this to argue about is because people should be able to be happy with the person they love and not be forced not to get married or adopt

Thank you for reading