Hero | Teen Ink

Hero

January 6, 2017
By Analy BRONZE, Carol Stream , Illinois
Analy BRONZE, Carol Stream , Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

We won't be able to see her smile anymore. She had that kind of smile that brightened the room in an instant. We won't be able to see her accomplish her goals. She might have been the next president. She might have been a great actress--the next Angelina Jolie. We won't know because some teenage girls decided to call her names, decided she wasn't good enough to be treated equally. To them it was just a word or just a push but to her it was a push over the edge. Calling names, pushing someone, making them feel less than. That is not teasing. That's bullying. The word stupid was like a dagger to her heart. That dagger eventually ended her life. With one careless act, they ended a family. They ended dreams.


As I entered her wake, I could just see her laying there, lifeless. Someone whose smile would light up the whole room had no more spark.Turning to see a mother begging for her baby back was the most depressing sight ever. Now those girls beg for forgiveness when it's too late.  Sometimes standing up to bullying can prevent this. Being someone's friend when they need it can save a life. But it takes curage to become someone's hero.


As the years go by the gilt in those girls hunt them as how they hunted that poor soul. She may have been the one who ended her life but those girls are dying everyday. They look for forgiveness trying to repair what they have done. It takes a second to become those girls but just know it also takes a second to become someones hero. Everyone is worth the fight .


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece because i want kids to double think before bullying.