Should Racism Be Illegal | Teen Ink

Should Racism Be Illegal

By hamdi BRONZE, Independence, Missouri
hamdi BRONZE, Independence, Missouri

Should Racism be illegal? Reasons why it should be illegal is that People would not blame a color if something bad happened, Another reason racism should be against the law because the world would be a much better place.

My first reason why I think that racism should be illegal is that their would be less violence, between race because it would be illegal. People would feel more equal,  because they would not feel the urge to make a bad choice. If racism was illegal there would be less hate crime. There would be less bullying even tho that bullying is illegal it gives everyone to not make fun of color.

People may not agree that racism should be illegal because they might want freedom of speech. You can have freedom of speech but, you don't need to make fun of other because they are a different color. It not right to go around and make fun of people because people do that to make them feel better about themself. Racism and hate is wrong, you can hate people but you don't need to say it to their face or make fun of.

I think that people shouldn't go to jail, but they should be punished for making fun of people. Racism should be illegal because the world would be a much better place. I also think that racism should be ignored  because that makes you a better person and it shows them that you are the bigger person.