Girls Are a Gender | Teen Ink

Girls Are a Gender

By angie.montoya BRONZE, New York, New York
angie.montoya BRONZE, New York, New York

You can't see a rainbow without a little of rain.

Girls nowadays isn't even a gender for boys anymore. We just toys that they can play with anytime they want. They say they want us but yet they go looking for others. Guys don't want a girl they want multiple toys. Guys don't want to be with only one girl, so they won't be with any girl. But when that one girl goes to another guy they get jealous. So the girl comes back just to have him ignore them or be with her and other girls. Guys just want to see girls naked not make it. We are now just toys for them. Most girls don't gibe them what they want and they say come on give me some and when they do they are considered a hoe. Or the guy loses interest so he moves on. We don't mean anything to them we are just toys. We are their territory that they love to show off to their friends. They share us trying to grab our asses and make jokes out of it. Guys no longer have interest in girls unless they have ass or tits. If they don't they are considered "flat". Its no longer about buying your girl flowers to show her how much you love her. Even at school they side with boys. Like dress code for girls to not show their shoulders. If they break the dress code they are pulled out of class to change or be sent home. They are teaching guys that it is ok to be who they are and go after girls. But they are teaching girls that them learning is less important than making sure boys have a distraction free zone. We shouldn't have to teach girls from young to cover up because of guys. Like girls shouldn't have to wear in jeans in hot weather. But when they do go out in crop tops and short shorts even strangers look at them and everybody starts thinking they a thot. But yet guys can be shirtless at the park and nothing is said. Girls are girls and we are a gender not a toy. We shouldn't be the ones to be taught new things like covering up and follow dress codes from the age of 5. Boys should be taught that girls aren't their personal toys for whenever they want. We shouldn't be anything else but what we want, a gender, an independent girl that should be able to make it without being naked.

I wrote this note only because it is true but I wrote it girls should be treated differently.