Somethings Can't Be Ignored | Teen Ink

Somethings Can't Be Ignored

By Gabbyy_18 BRONZE, Bridge City, Texas
Gabbyy_18 BRONZE, Bridge City, Texas

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment

until it becomes a memory - Dr.Suess

Discrimination against skin color has always been a sensitive issue, which is also becoming more and more talked about as time goes on. Some people choose to ignore it but may I add with everyone around you bringing it up and disliking each other just for the way the other looks is getting more obvious. There are protests not just against skin color but also against religion. Everyone has an opinion, no matter who you are you are going to have one. 

People have been shot over discrimination. There have been approximately around 62 million human beings whose deaths were caused by racism, tribalism, nationalism, colonialism, and the caste system over the past 100 years! the world has enough stress and violence why do we human beings keep adding more stress? some people say we are all made equal I believe that there are levels. The adults come first and then the children (notice how no children are in charge of white house decisions) now I'm not saying that children shouldn't have rights. What I am saying though is that our children look towards us and our views on the world and if they see us discriminating against anyone or anything they are going to grow up thinking the same thing.

Also white people get discriminated against. I have people coming up and telling me that they do not like me for something that happened in the 18th and 19th century. So my point to all of this is that discrimination is real and we can not ignore it BUT we can choose to not be apart of it. People are different colors and people do believe in different things and we all have opinions that we want heard. That is just how things are.

I apologize for any misspellings. When this is read keep in mind this is my opinion. 

Gabbyy_18 BRONZE, Bridge City, Texas

until it becomes a memory - Dr.Suess

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Yoela PLATINUM said...
Yoela PLATINUM, Seattle, Washington

"My powers stretch over the horizon and work even when my eyes are closed"

Concise and to the point, I like it.