I'm Just Color Blind! | Teen Ink

I'm Just Color Blind!

We live in a world full of hatred. We live in a world full of rascim and discrimination. Will it ever stop? Or is this just the beginning? Everyday, I notice discrimination in life. Whether it's at school walking to my next class or just buying that certain item at the grocery store.

The difference between blacks and whites is only the heritages that we carry behind us. To sit back and watch the different races come at each other in violence, because of a shooting is quite hectic and outragous, if you ask me. Why are we letting a shooting between a white police officer and black man tair us apart?

Whites and blacks. Cacajun and African Americans. We all have our own heritages and meanings behind us, but what is that one thing that's seperating us? What is that one thing that makes us want to come at each other Math such  hatred in not so much in our hearts, but in our heads? What is it?

I'm not a racist person at all and I'll tell you this much, I don't see color. If you did wrong, you did wrong. If you did right, you did right. Wrong doings come Math consequences. Right doings come Math rewards. The question is, is which package do you choose?

We all started to see that rasicm is still alive in this country of freedom and at that one time I thought we might have changed that. I thought that may be we had some great civil leaders and we did. But, we just forgot what they taught us. They showed and taught us what was right from wrong and how we should treat one another. The cases that have become country wide and creating hell, is making us all realize how much we really don't care about each other. We just care about what we want and what will get us the great benefits. Am I right? Honestly, I don't care if your black, white, orange, purple, or pink, I'll treat you just the same.

There has been unfair treatment in the past, not just by law inforcement by in the schools that we attend and the local Wal-Mart that we shop at down the street. And now were bringing it back. Why go backwards when we need to be going forwards? These cases could bring us more closer together or it can break us apart. We all need to sit back and realize one thing. That were all humans. We're all breathing the same exact air. We're all walking on the same exact land. And guess what? Since, we walk and do everything on the same piece of land, why not treat everyone the same? Can you just imagine living in a country full of peacful hearts? A country that treats everyone the same? But, damn that's too good to happen but who said we couldn't try?

When we drive down that certain street you may see a thug or the achieving white man. When we see the thug, what are your first impressions or what's the first thing that comes to your mind? I'll tell you what I do. When I see a thug, I don't reach for the lock. I don't look at him and say “ Son, pull your damn pants up and stop sagging.” Or.

“Don't look in that direction. He may pull a gun out and start shooting out my windows.” All I do is take a glance at him and look back at the road. I'm not here to judge and I can't say I don't judge people, because I do. I shouldn't and no one else should. Okay, what if you saw a white man holding a brief case, walking down the sidewalk? Going to work? What would you think or say? Would you even bother to look at him, because you know he looks like he's no danger? But then again, you don't know him, just like you didn't know the thug walking Math his pants to his knees. He could've been a kind hearted young man, but that's just his style. See how easily we judge someone off their looks?

Now, I really wanna turn the tables. What if we saw a white boy that was a thug and believe it or not we have those. What would you do? Would you say, “ Damn, what is this world coming to? They turned our little white boys into thugs too?” Or. “ I can't belive that this white boy is out here looking like this.” I wouldn't do nothing, once again, because you know what? If that's how they want to dress and look, then let them, because the last time I checked, it wasn't their life I was living, it was mine. Let's look at it from looking at the black man Math the brief case. I'll tell you this, I would be proud of him that's he's living life right and well. Once, again, look how easy it is to judge off of appearance.

There are times in my life that I just wish that we wouldn't have discrimination or racial issues, because God made us the same and I couldn't stress that enough. We just have different thoughts and I'm not here to change someone, but if I do, thank the good Lord that my words got through someone's head. That I didn't waste my breath. But one thing I would love to do is change  the world and I hope I don't sound too quick- witted, but in my heart I would like to change not only the black community Math what I know and help the homelss as well. Once, again I'm not here to sound like a smart- ellic or a white person that knows nothing about the black community, because I do.

It's time to move forward and change the world Math what we know and stop juding off of looks and how we talk or act. Take some time out of  your day and recognize the good and blind out the color and badness. See how much easier your life will be.