Acceptance | Teen Ink

Acceptance

November 24, 2014
By Hank Mcevoy BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota
Hank Mcevoy BRONZE, Duluth, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Hello, my name is Hank and the purpose of this paper is to bring the word “acceptance” to the table. Each and every day people from around the world sacrifice their lives to make ours a just little bit better. Diversity is what makes us human beings stand out from one another. Whether you’re Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Native American or disabled. Not only am I speaking on behalf of U.S citizens but thousands of other countries and cultures worldwide. Every single day people are put down for who they are and what they truly believe just because the other person doesn’t think they’re good enough. I see it every day; whether it’s in the news, the hallway, the classroom, work or on the radio. If you pay close enough attention to everyday life, you’ll notice the lack of acceptance some people have. Hate, discrimination, violence and even wars are started as the result of little to no acceptance.  No one truly wins a war if you see what I’m pointing to.

 

I honestly believe that if people made the effort to accept others, a true miracle would be made. Wars would end, bullying would stop and we would all be a little bit happier. This would lead to more cooperation among others and possibly put an end to world hunger. That would be a miracle in my eyes, and it all starts with acceptance.