Women's Rights | Teen Ink

Women's Rights

By TARLANNAFISI BRONZE, Tehran, Other
TARLANNAFISI BRONZE, Tehran, Other

Many people see things as they are and say why ,I dreamed of things that never were and say why not....

We believe that GOD creates all human beings  equal  and we expect that they  have equal rights but unfortunately in most parts of the world, this reality  does not achieved . We are living in a world where women are subjected to discrimination, and violence. According to united nations:” Violence against women is one of the coral social mechanisms by which women are forced into a subordinate position compared with men.”  They are humiliated, disgraced, and abused as slaves in medieval centuries. They are deprived of even basic needs of human being in a flourishing and civilized century and this is a serious problem to be taken in to close   consideration since a "WOMAN" is a "SPOUS" who renders her sympathy to her family, a "MOTHER" to raise competent and   righteous children and a "SUPPORT"  to alleviate the families pain and sorrows.
  It may sound strange to many of us that  1/3 of all girls are married before they turn 18,  She may be forced to get married at the age of 14 and get pregnant when she’s 15 and if she survives the childbirth she may be forced to sell her body to protect her family…. But is this the life she always chosen?   

Abuse is another big problem which girls and women are facing these days. At least 1 out of 3 women have   been abused, beaten or coerced into sex…. She is disgusted by herself, she is disgusted of the life she’s having but she can’t say anything because she knows that if she does nothing but worse will happens! Violence against women is a manifestation of   unequal power relationship between men and women, which have led to domination over and discrimination against women by men which led to the prevention   of women full advancement. This situation is worse in Middle East countries.  A woman cannot choose what to wear, where to go how to think, etc. she does not have any   right to control her own life.  They are considered and respected by the number   of male children they give birth.

We are witnessing several unions that organized in support of defending women right but we still do not observe any major improvement in   the women situations, as so many problems are affected by the religious believes that are wrongly interpreted and manipulated.

By equality of rights we do not mean that women and men have equal abilities, power and physical structure but we want to emphasize that they have equal social, education, and family hood needs and all these needs should be satisfied in order to have healthy society in any country. Healthy society guarantees improvement of a country in all aspects including human rights, economics   and productivity.

As we cannot confront with   uneducated minds that arises out of prejudice, ignorance and ineptitude of men in most part of the world, women in all over the universe   should   become united ,educate their minds and reclaim their rights not by  force but by wisdom and tact, as women are not  really fragile as men thinks .They can overcome the destiny that most of the men want to impose them.

The most important thing that women should bear in their mind is that 'I AM RESPECTFUL AND I HAVE TO MAKE OTHERS RESPECT ME".