Judge me not | Teen Ink

Judge me not

By BeautifulLove PLATINUM, Fort Mill, South Carolina
BeautifulLove PLATINUM, Fort Mill, South Carolina

Live like you were dying. Don't die and wish you had lived while you were alive.

-"Erica" by Amber Dulin

Who am I to judge? Can you answer that question honestly? I struggled with judging people without getting to know them first and still do. Over this summer God really spoke to me about judging people when he said "I am the only person who can judge". It hit me hard and I realized that I was not being kind to these people whom I had judged in the past. It really hit home when I realized how many people judged me and the lables I got because of people judging me without knowing me and I realized that it can actually hurt people. I generally try to hold my feelings in, but i cried just thinking of how I had hurt other people like this and how people had hurt me. I lost a friend because people judged her for who they thought she was and I almost lost another this summer. Judging is not for people to do outside of the courtroom (there is a reason that person is standing with their lawyer). In the courtroom, even, people give testimonials to whom they saw that person to be in regular life.

Judging is not my business nor is it yours...becasuse each and everyone of us is going to stand before God on judgement day (a very real time) and have to attone for everything we did in our short time on Earth.