Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

By paytonx22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
paytonx22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

what's a quote?

Bullying

Bullying is a problem. Millions of kids around the world get bullied. Did you know that over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year, according to dosomething Bullying can be many different things, for example someone can be bullied for being a certain race, unpopular, not doing well in school, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, gender, economic status, or simply for their musical choices. This is definitely a problem in our society.

Studies shown from http://www.bullyingstatistics.org say that bullying statistics for 2010 revealed about one in seven students in grades kindergarten through 12th grade is either a bully or has been a victim of bullying. Bullying is a problem in school because for some people it will cause a breaking point and may possibly affect that person to a certain point and makes them feel like nothing, and they might attempt suicide.
An example of a suicide attempt is about a boy named Michael. Michael was bullied in school for liking to watch the show My Little Pony. Michael liked the show so much he decided to join a male fan club called “Bronies.” This is how people at school found out about his little interest. One day he decided to go into his room and hang himself from the railing of his bunk bed. Luckily his parents got to him only in time to save his life, but not in time to save his brain. Michael was hanging long enough to lose blood circulation going to his brain, so now he has brain damage and it may be years until his parents find out if his brain is healing.
A solution to bullying could be that you may start a bullying organization. For example some people start organizations every year to try to prevent bullying across the world. Lady Gaga started an anti bullying organization called “Born This Way”. Born This Way is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2011 by Lady Gaga. The Born This Way program said that they aim to create “a braver, kinder world”. Another example of an anti bullying project or organization is STOMP. STOMP is a bullying organization that was created in 2005 by Love Our Children USA™. Stomp is a bullying organization with a goal to stop cyberbullying, sexting, and any bullying involving devices or anything to do with the internet.
My overall conclusion is to stop bullying across the world in schools, on facebook, or anything to do with bullying. This has become a major issue across the world and even in the United States for alls sake. Bullying is a problem.

It's a large problem in all societies, also i had to pick a topic in school to write a essay so i decided to do bullying.