Racism, now?

It amazes me how advanced the world is now, but you still hear everyday about racism. Racism; it is nothing more than hatred towards someone with different colored-skin as yourself. Is that really fair? I mean, haven't we all heard the saying, "don't judge a book by it's cover?"

Racism is mainly based upon the past, when slavery was around. But why base your opinions now on what has happened in the past that not many of the racist people now have even experienced. It is pointless to me.

Racism is one of the reasons that I am not even allowed to spend time with one of my best friends out side of school, even though we live right around the block from each other. Her father doesn't allow her to be my friend, which I can't stand, because she is my best friend, as I mentioned before.

jdaniels1779This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yes, it sad how far it has come and it saddens me that it still lingers in the air. unfortunately I experience it every day.

michaelchavez said...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:13 am:
I like this article alot and I can totally relate to you because this happens to me daily because im mexican american old friends now all they use are racial terms

bluespark13 said...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 7:46 am:
that isn't fair im half african american and half puertorican (african american dad puertorican mom) now i have tons of white friends XD but once my dad and i walked into this fast food joint and all these white ppl looked at us as if saying what the?.......anyway GREAT ARTICLE!!!!!!!

LaReSt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 10:31 am:
That is sad. People shouldn't judge a book by the cover, but don't worry because God will judge him.

Ezekiel replied...
May 17, 2010 at 6:45 pm :
Amen to that!

juniorminty replied...
May 21, 2010 at 12:38 pm :
What about buddha?? or alla, or gstru the hindu elephant god??? people are to blame for racism and we judge them for that because that isnt right!!! i personally disagree with your claim because i am atheist and i tjink racism is a thing of the past and that racists are narrow-minded individualsand i do judge them cuz they are being stupid!!

Viva_Mexico_21 replied...
May 21, 2010 at 12:39 pm :
ur the closedmided one

BaiLiHua This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is not fair. You are absolutely right. Thanks for sharing.