I Can See It All | Teen Ink

I Can See It All

By xxMedievalShadexx GOLD, Deerfield Beach, Florida
xxMedievalShadexx GOLD, Deerfield Beach, Florida

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. -Bruce Lee

I can see all the hate. The discrimination. The distrust. But why? Why is there this much hate? What did people do to deserve this? Nothing. They did absolutely nothing. Do you realize this? All we ever do is judge and hate. But we never ask ourselves why. It’s not like asking “why can’t I do this,” “why can’t I do that?” It’s more like…

-
Why am I judging this person when I’m not perfect either?
-
Why am I complaining about this person and then turning around and saying ‘why is there so many bad people in this world?’

Well let me tell you this. You are the bad guy. You are the one tearing this world apart by the seams. It’s people like you that make us feel helpless.

I’m going to be very honest with you guys. I love gay people. I do. They are so much fun to be around. BUT do I support gay marriage? Sure. Should it be in the church? I don’t know. That’s their decision. Though I do feel funny about it because of some things in the Bible but hell, who am I to judge? I’m not perfect. And guess what, you aren’t either. So stop bashing gays. They are still human and so are you. Just because they like something different doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings.

And something else I don’t understand. You can sit at your computer and get off by watching two girls make out but once they are kissing at the altar, it’s disgusting? What the hell is wrong with you?! You think it’s hot when your girlfriend makes out with another chick but think it’s disgusting when you see two men raising a family? We lose hope in the world because of people like you.

I understand that being gay goes against the Bible(and other religions) but God gave us free will. Look, I’m Christian. Alright, I believe in the Bible but I support gays. I’m friends with a lot of them and my best friend is gay! I love her and all my friends equally. It doesn’t matter if they are gay, straight, white, black, Hispanic, mixed. You should treat everyone with respect. Whether they deserve it or not, you need to be the bigger person.

Another issue I would like to discuss. Emos, goths, scenes. I don’ care who you are. You NEVER tell someone to kill themselves. Ever. So what they wear their hair differently than you do, so what they wear different make-up than you do, so what they wear different clothes than you do. SO WHAT?! Compared to their world, you look differently. I’m part of the emo world and I’m tired of all the crap we go through. We get bashed over stupid stuff. I understand some emos are crazy and sadistic but don’t judge all of us because of them. Bands we listen to are “satanic.” Yes, I will say that some bands are, but the majority of us don’t listen to them. We listen to bands like Of Mice & Men, Issues, and Bring Me The Horizon. Okay, so they scream. We like that hard-core music. People listen to rap and country. So what?!

Just because people are different from you doesn’t give you the right to break their spirits. Telling someone to kill themselves or to bully is like doing that to yourself because you are also different. Everyone has their own style of living. Everyone listens to different things. But you are the jerk, you’re the bully, you’re the mean one. But guess what. I forgive you. I love you. I hope everyone can see the light and know that everyone is different. Why can’t we just accept it? I know it’s hard going through a change, after all many of us go through them. But being rude and disrespectful and saying you hope someone goes to hell or cuts/kills themselves, that’s just plain inhuman. Believe me, because I can see it all.

Feel free to comment what bothers you or what. I don't mind getting your opinion back.

EmiMo BRONZE said...
on Feb. 13 2014 at 8:46 pm
EmiMo BRONZE, Templeton, California
It's not hate, not really, but fear of those who are different.

on Feb. 13 2014 at 6:47 pm

Oh My. Thank you so much! I'm hoping to write a sequel on Race and Ethnicity.

Lucifer666 said...
on Feb. 13 2014 at 6:42 pm
Lucifer666, Hell, Other
"Just because people are different from you doesn’t give you the right to break their spirits" These words reverberated after I read this. Everything you said in this piece of work is absolutley true m8. Inhumane hypocrites are everywhere. Brilliant job m8. Simply astounding the way you got your point across.