The Right to Judge | Teen Ink

The Right to Judge

By Dawnski BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Dawnski BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

We live in a world today where you are judged by who you are.

All around the world you are judged by the way you walk, talk, dress, and even what you’re interested in. The world is split up today just because of what people think of you.

No one has a right to judge anyone else because at the end of the day, we are all human. We all make mistakes and no one is perfect on this earth so judging anyone is just “the pot calling the kettle black”. We judge people because of their race or skin color, religion, or even if they have a certain disorder that we may not have. It makes no sense to judge because the inside is what makes a person who they are.

In this school, I have witnessed people judging others because of what they wear. It’s amazing how people can care so much about the clothes others wear but not caring about their GPA. Being judged because you aren’t wearing Uggs, jeans from Hollister, shirts from Nike or $200 Jordan’s doesn’t make sense to me. We call it “dress game” but to me, it’s just being basic and wanting to be like everyone else. Have you ever thought about their sense of style? People are being ignored because they wear Aeropostle. The point of school is so we can learn, get an education and to follow our dreams. Not to show off how much money we make.

People even still care about the color of our skin. Even some teenagers are being judged when they walk into certain corner stores. I find it rude when store employees or owners watch your every move because they think you will steal something. When really “WE DON’T NEED TO STEAL ANY OF THEIR MERCHANDISE”. They could lose customers like that and their business can really be affected.

It’s sad seeing people being judged because of who they are. For example, people who are so called “homophobic” should accept the fact that some people are different and like different things. Its disrespectful because people say they’re it’s a sin this and it’s a sin that when in reality, we all sin differently. No one has a right to judge because we are all human.

on Jan. 31 2014 at 11:04 pm
princessrachel GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

You have to be willing to sacrifice who you are for what you can become.

I loved your writing, it was a very great piece & relatable!! 

Ray97 BRONZE said...
on Jan. 6 2014 at 10:17 am
Ray97 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I loved this story. Our school needs these changes also. We are so focused on our clothing that we forget about our GPA and if we are even going to graduate. terrible. But keep up the good work. 

polobull said...
on Jan. 6 2014 at 1:15 am
I actually liked this story. i can relate to it a lot. Definitley rating this a 5!

singingbeast said...
on Jan. 6 2014 at 1:14 am
Same thing goes on in my school. i liked this story a lot

catlady123 said...
on Jan. 6 2014 at 1:13 am
Makes people want to think about their actions. great story. i loved it

on Jan. 6 2014 at 1:09 am
Hey great story. keep em coming

jonjonokAY23 said...
on Jan. 6 2014 at 1:06 am
Very insiprational! Great story

on Jan. 6 2014 at 1:04 am
Loved it! This is one of my favorite stories!

123talktome said...
on Jan. 6 2014 at 12:59 am
Very nice story! Keep up the good work!