Gay Marriage | Teen Ink

Gay Marriage

August 20, 2013
By ItsDasiaVu SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland
ItsDasiaVu SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Don't stop believing."


*clears throat* You ready for this? Hope so. GAY *dramatic pause* MARRIAGE. Please, give me one good reason why it shouldn’t be legal everywhere in the United States? Like, one reason that would stop me in my tracks to fight for actual freedom and turn around and go home? I mean, “Land of the free” should be able to love whoever freely on our land, right? That’s a good example of FREEEDOM in my book. We fought for all the rights we have now and yet we’re acting as if they don’t exist. Now, the main thing that GRINDS MY GEARS is the fact that everybody throws up the same excuse.. THE BIBLE. You have those people who yell out “GAY MARRIAGE IS WRONG, IT’S IN THE BIBLE!” Yet you see then demolishing a pork chop! Which is *laughs* from what the bible says, “Unclean” to us. And the ones that says “God hates you all”... You talked to his personally sir/ma’am? Seriously?! Oh my god, can I have his number? I have some requests! But like I was saying, they always have the same comeback, THE BIBLE. And when you think about it, they just contradict themselves every time, right? Right. You say what the homosexuals are doing is wrong, but forget about the other things that are being done that the bible says is wrong. Doesn’t add up. HATE should not mix up with LOVE, I mean... they’re opposites, so they shouldn’t collide! But hey, what could a soon to be 17 year old female like myself know about “law” and “science” and “whatever homophobes want me to believe”? Most of my fellow Americans could care less about what I’m talking about, and that isn’t right because they expect US, the homosexuals, to care about what they want us to. “Not gonna happen.” Now on a more serious note, it’s basically an equality thing, which, from what I remember, we fought for too. If I have to accept what you want then you should accept what I want. It’s only fair. We’re all basically in a loveless relationship with each other. All relationships have problems, which is why they’re meant to be FIXED. You can’t continue on with saying “America is the land of the free” when only one side is free and the other side is just on the other side, wishing they could be on that side too. They would stop being WHO THEY ARE just to fit in with the other side and some people are actually so intact with their pride that they would kill themselves before being someone their not. Now is that right? No. No one should feel as though they’re not wanted or they don’t matter because if I could have it my way, I would hug all those people and say “I care.” I honestly wish there was a day where straight people could live in the lives of homosexuals and feel everything. From the hate from their parents, to the gay bashing in school, to the getting jumped by a bunch of thugs at night when you’re on your way home from work, and even to the being called a “fag” online. Now, legalizing gay marriage won’t put a stop to this, but at least heterosexuals will FEEL what we feel and Maybe, just maybe it will sink in that what is being done isn’t fair and we should put a stop to it because like I said earlier “LAND OF THE FREE” so why is it not being shown? Basically, what I’m saying is everyone has the right to love. Your gender shouldn’t matter. Love is not even defined by gender.. But by some other scientific stuff. If I live to see the day where gay marriage is legal everywhere, I would absolutely smile 24/7 because the only thing I want is for everyone to find that one person they can call their own. I will never stop fighting for what I believe in, even if I have some haters along the way. So… LEGALIZE GAY MARRIAGE EVERYWHERE! Please and Thank You *throws up peace sign*


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece, and i was very emotion while doing so because it's a very personal category for me.