Why must society be so ugly? | Teen Ink

Why must society be so ugly?

By littledevil32 BRONZE, Cypress, Texas
littledevil32 BRONZE, Cypress, Texas

Them: Do it.
Me: Do what?
Them: Do what we want.
Me: But what if I want to do what I want?
Them: You can’t. You have to be what we think is perfect.
Me: No. There is no such thing as perfect. I am perfect in my own way and I don’t believe society is. You can’t decide who I am or what I do. This is my life. I was born an individual. You can not control me. Tell me what to do one more time. I dare you. Others either do it or die trying. But not me, I will just go against what you say, not everyone is perfect so let us all do what we want and be who we wish to be. I will do the opposite. Stand out. You say to be straight? I will be gay. You tell me to have one piercing? I will get 7. You tell me to act “normal” in a public place? I’ll dance to no music. I will live my life the way I want. You want me to sit down and be quiet? Sorry I don’t wake up every morning to please you. Never mind, I’m not sorry. I don’t care what you think about me or how you judge me. Screw you and your “perfect” society. I will not participate.
Them: Society is perfect and you aren’t.
Me: Okay, think what you want and I will think what I want. I was given my own brain for a reason.

From personal experience society has torn down myself and others around me. All the rest of the world has an idea of a Utopian society. There is no such thing as perfect. Not everyone can be pleased at once unfortunately.