The World VS. Yourself | Teen Ink

The World VS. Yourself

June 5, 2012
By Anonymous

Is it just me or has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone ever been discriminated for not being like anyone else? I think that it is just lame. To me everyone is the same. Every single person is a human being. Why do people think they can just say "you cannot come in my group because your not like me." I got to a private school where my family thinks it is better than public schools. Try going there. Every where you go someone is telling you that you don't fit in. People are people right? Everyone should be able to do that same thing as a "popular" person. Why is it so hard for someone to accept who for who you are. What is wrong with people. When you go to school there should be someone hanging out with friends and not being by them self. In my opinion the thought about discrimination is wrong and rude. This just does not happen in school it happens outside of school. People should take the extra step and help those who are discriminated against.


The author's comments:
I saw some girl that I do not talk to anymore being left out of a group. Me and this girl were friends in 5ht grade but stopped talking in 6th grade. Because I took that extra step and told her that I am there for her, we are now friends again. When I also saw her by herself I felt bad, and saw how bad of a friend I was. That is what insipred me to write this piece.