Quiet People | Teen Ink

Quiet People

March 15, 2012
By batgirl_cupcake BRONZE, Caledonia, Mississippi
batgirl_cupcake BRONZE, Caledonia, Mississippi
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Let you smile change the world,
But don't let the world change your smile.


We are the quiet people. We live in the background; the shadows. People call us nobodies or losers. But what are we really? We sure aren’t speechless. We have voices. We want to be heard. We have the strongest voices ever! Give us a moment to argue about an important topic, and we’ll change your life for forever. We have opinions like no one else. How is that possible though? We observe. We pay attention to everything and everyone around us. While we are sitting there reading our seven-hundred page book, we listen. We know all the rumors and gossip. We know who is dating who, and about the fight. We just want to be heard for once though. Give us the chance.
We are quiet for a reason. Some of us are scared of being judged. Others are going through hell. Bullying, abuse, depression, just everything can cause our quietness. Some of us are just shy, but take a person in the corner with their jacket on even on the hottest day ever. They are probably harming themselves. Cutting is the issue. And a lot of people go through it. It can lead to suicide, which the people that love that person don’t want. But people never really know what’s going on if they keep it all bottled up. That’s the problem with today’s society. No one pays attention to any of the quiet people; the people in the shadows; the nobodies.
So why care about us? We don’t matter do we? But listen; we matter. We are the people with the strong voices. We want to be heard. Our opinions are stronger than anything. We can argue and win. It’s only because we listen. We observe people, things, voices, and everything else. We are really nosey people. We like to know things, every day of every year. It’s our way of communicating. But, if you all would give us a chance and let us talk, you’ll see the change in society. You’ll see that we are loud and outgoing. You’ll see our true selves.

The author's comments:
Sorry that I'm not the best writer out there. I just want to get my point across.