What Are We Fighting For? | Teen Ink

What Are We Fighting For?

By necrophilikat PLATINUM, Greshamville, Georgia
necrophilikat PLATINUM, Greshamville, Georgia

There is no good in this dark and cold world. There is no happy ending and there are no fairy tales. I was stupid for ever believing this world could meet peace. Why should I try to change who I am for other people that don't see it? We live in a world where innocents are guilty and nice people are the ones that get destroyed. We live in a world where bullies are the ones that win and sweet kids commit suicide. We live in a world where family love no longer exists. We live in a world where nightmares are better than reality. We live in a world where divorce is a trend. We live in a world where strippers and hookers are the richest people. We live in a world where being smart doesn't help you in the future. We live in a world where drug deals cause more deaths than car crashes. We live in a world where anger builds up and happiness is lost. We live in a world where lies are the only words spoken. We live in a world where hope dies. We live in a world where everyone is stereotyped and judged for who they are, who they love, what they like, where they came from, and the color of their skin. We live in a world where our inner demon takes over everything good we had in our hearts. We live in a world where homosexuality is a disease. We live in a world where the meaning of love is used differently. We live in a world where vampires are in every teenage girls dreams. We live in a world where pain makes you a monster. We live in a world where nobody knows how amazing you are until you've died. We live a world where death shows you that life is short and it's too late to change your minds. We live in a world where we believe every rumor we hear. We have innocent people fighting for independence and freedom for people that do not deserve it. We live in a world where peace is forgotten and unwanted. We live in a world where your ex's name tattooed over your heart is the least of our mistakes. We live in a world where drinking and driving is cool. We live in a world where having fun means burning out your brain cells. We live in a world where madness takes over our souls. We live in a world where religion is pretend. We live in a world where love doesn't last forever, as you cry in your bedroom listening to your parents fight. We live in a world where the children have to pay for their parents' mistakes. We live in a world where teen suicide increases by year. We live in a world where murder is the only exciting thing in town. We live in a world where we have to make mistakes to learn what's right and wrong. We live in a world where parent's words mean nothing. We live in a world where bestfriends are just undercover backstabbers. We live in a world where we don't care about anyone but ourselves. We live in a world where innocent african kids are starving to death. We live in a world where animals are neglected, abused, and murdered for no reasons at all. We live in a world where we despise our own blood. We live a world where war is the only way to make peace. We live in a world where getting dumped by a boyfriend or girlfriend scars us for life. We live in a world where we dream of zombies taking over the world. We live in a dream where change is a fairytale that is impossible to come true. We live in a world where drugs and being cool is better than creating a future and finishing school. We live in a world where scary things are normal. We live in a world just as cruel as our own hearts.
We live in a world where we complain about the world not knowing we ARE the world.

"We live in a world just as cruel as our own hearts."