Why Do We Have To Discriminate?

Why is it that gays, lesbians, and bisexuals get bullied the most these days? They are real people with a soul just like you and me. I respect people's opinions but what I don't respect is when they act on their opinions. You keep seeing articles about these kids committing suicide because they can't handle the bullying. Is it hard to just keep your words to yourself? I would think not. In August 2002, there was a poll that estimated about 25% men are gay, 25% women are lesbians, and 25% of men and women are bisexual in America alone. Now that is a big percentage. They are born that way and there is no way that they can change who they are. They may hide it but it doesn't change the fact that who they are is who they are. People need to learn that there is nothing wrong with them. God still loves them. You can't say you are going to hell because you are gay or lesbian or bisexual. God made us who we are. So, they were made gay by God. They were made that way for a reason, for a specific purpose. We need to stand up and address this. We need to fix this problem that some people have or at least try to. I don't want my children to grow up thinking that being gay is wrong. I want them to grow up to accept everyone the way they are. It's wrong to discriminate.
I know people don't like difference. I know people don't like change. But we have to try. Do we want to live a world where we discriminate? Where we don't give someone a second glance because of race, sex, religion, etc.? What if it was you being discriminated against? What if your child was gay, bisexual, or lesbian? You would have to accept it. Please, we can't keep bullying people like we do.