Why hate? | Teen Ink

Why hate?

By BVBArmy GOLD, Elizabethtown, Illinois
BVBArmy GOLD, Elizabethtown, Illinois

People can only hurt you if you let them.-My teacher had wrote that on one of my essays (:

A common subject is one I shall bring up, homosexuals& bisexuals. Why hate? There is no difference between you and them other than sexuality. Just because someone is attracted to their same sex doesn't mean they'll come on to you. It's ridiculous how people treat gays! They act as though gays are contaminated ,so most people do their best to stay away from them. People don't even choose to be that way it's science. No one and I mean NO ONE chooses who they're attracted to. Some gays even hate themselves because society says it's bad. What people tend to not think about is what if you're best-friend or someone you're around is "in the closet" and you're being an idiot making jokes about how "gay" something is and making other stupid remarks? That right there is what causes low self-esteem and sometimes depression that leads to self harming and/or suicide. In the wonderful words of Fall Out Boy "Gay Is Not A Synonym For Sh*tty" so don't use it as one! I like many kids I know, have been raised to be homophobic, I for one am not. I think that love is love. I mean you have the right to marry your high school sweetheart ,so why shouldn't they? Also it's not your right to judge them and inform them they're going to hell for being who they are.

I really don't approve of discrimination towards gays.

on Jan. 9 2014 at 5:27 pm
Chubby_Hearts PLATINUM, Beaverton, Oregon

“Each and every one of us has a fire that burns inside us. They can try like hell to put it out, but as long as we know in our minds who we are meant to be, they will never stand a chance.”
― Andy Biersack

I'm bi. I have been bi for as long as I could remember, but was always afraid of what people whould say, so I always denied it. I fell for the girls at my school. I loved my best friend, my loyal friends, so many of them! I never told them of course. Then I moved away, into a place where people were accepting me. I finally accepted who i was and dated some girls, and I am really happy now

BVBArmy GOLD said...
on Oct. 26 2011 at 7:02 pm
BVBArmy GOLD, Elizabethtown, Illinois

Thank you(:

ellabella said...
on Oct. 26 2011 at 4:45 pm
ellabella, Dayton, Ohio

"Life has no meaning anymore does it?"

I completely agree. Everyone has a right to love who they want to love.