Being Discriminated as a Loner

Have you ever got made fun of or discriminated so badly that you were labeled a loner in today's society? People around the world are always told by adults, parents, or the general public that teenagers should be a specific type of people. For example the media, like in stereotypical high-school movies, show that there are popular cliches and the loners. But isn't it possible to just break free from this negative impact on the world and change it for the better?

I even experienced myself being alone and not having friends for a while in the past. Its a horrid time where the only person you have to talk to is yourself. You need friends to live life to the fullest. You cannot go through the world by yourself without anyone being right beside you. So how you fix the problem you may ask? Well, you have to know that it is not all the time other people's fault you are alone. It can actually be you not trying to be confident and being stuck in your own bubble. Just be yourself and let your confidence thrive.

So overall, high-schoolers need to understand that they are equal souls trying to take on the world and learn. Respect others how you would want to be respected. Next time you see someone in the park or the playground in school sitting alone, just take some of your time to talk to them. The reward would be fulfilling and you may actually gain a new companion.

Raven Wood said...
Aug. 24, 2011 at 9:24 am:
I think Dante addresses an important issue, and makes several good points.    In addition to his advice, I would look for like minded friends through clubs both in the real world and the web world.   Also, time alone is sometimes an important part of the growing process.    Don't drink or do drugs to make the hours pass.   Find the hobby that makes your heart beat, whether it be art, filmmaking, helping animals, writing, EMT, etc....   My friend volunteered as ... (more »)

writerfreak21231This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
wow this was really moving! I can sometimes feel like that! And im sorry! I'm very quiet, alot people are like that. Don't feel bad! :)(:

nikkigonefishinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow. This really spoke to me. I can totally relate to your article. I sometimes feel lonley at school and I know what it feel like to be a "loner" and it feels terrible. And I got to admit that it maybe its my own fault because I'm too quiet and refuse to come out of my shell so to speak.  I really appreciate your article and I'm sorry you have felt that solitude too.

emily5689 said...
Wow this is really moving

penguinsrock said...
people should never have to feel like they need to fit in to a group to be popular. In fact they should stand out, and just be themselves. Yes, it's bad not to have friends but if they can't accept you as you are it's not worth even talking to them. It's one of the major problems in high school, in my own words I stood out not caring I didn't have any close friends it even came to the point where I had no friends. If you don't have no one to talk to of course your family is always there, friends... (more »)

countrygirl said...
It was great. You have a talent for writing and relating to people's feelings. Good job.

dr.kittytoyou said...
wow! im speachless! this brought tears to my eyes. no seriously this is good dante :) i like it

srfergirl49 said...
wow,, this is reallyy good ! i can totally tell that you really care about other people and their feelings, greatt job(:

DeathlyHallowsHP7 said...
You're a really good author and I loved this. In 6th grade, I had no friends for a period of time and I so badly wanted to be popular. This is amazing

Joelle <3 said...
this was very inspiring and helpful! i can totally relate :)

Gus2 said...
Very detailed and I can feel for you. Great work.

MidnightBlack said...
ery nicely written article, it's good to be very introspective in issues like this.  Many teens, now seem to find others to blame; I'm glad you have expressed the idea that maybe it's not other people's faults and that people are reaching out to them, they just need to meet them halfway. 

Eritzabefu said...
amazing! you really know how to put people's feelings into words! :)

caig123 said...
good work :D

Dante1o1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thanks a lot! it means so much

saphappycornchunks said...
wow this is really good! you are a fantastic writer. it helped me gain confidence in myself. thank you so much dante:)

dory03 said...
very nice article!!!!

TheAsianHeatherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 14, 2011 at 2:19 am:
I really like this article!I'm the sort of loner you are talking about.Although I'm not always without a friend,I've gone through several long periods of time during which I'm utterly alone.I agree with you,strongly,and truly hope things will become better for loners.