Body Image and The Media | Teen Ink

Body Image and The Media

July 4, 2011
By Anonymous

Media has been one of the biggest roles pertaining to body image. We all believe that we should look one way and if you don't you're judged. Why does everyone look on the outside instead of the inside? On the inside is where all the beauty is. It doesn't matter whether you're heavy or light. We all are different and that's what make us who we are. If people don't love you for who you are then they aren't seeing the real beauty. Media has determined the way someone should look like for many years. Young girls approaching their teen years think they need to look like a celebrity and young boys want to have muscular arms. If you have muscular arms or not, it will never change what you are on the inside. Society is prejudice and that only makes us hostile. Media has shown us that in order for you to be famous you have to be thin and petite. That's not true at all. We are beautiful either way. Never be pessimistic on life because you are only bringing yourself down. You are beautiful no matter what size or shape. No matter if you're tall or short or stout or thin you will always be divine. Media doesn't matter because if they can't see your amazing heart then they don't know the definition of beautiful. Let your true self shine because that's what truly makes you beautiful.

The author's comments:
I hope that people of all ages will understand that all you need to be is yourself.