To Bully, or not to Bully | Teen Ink

To Bully, or not to Bully

By laurelsullivan BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
laurelsullivan BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

"Just be yourself, because the people who mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind"
-Dr Seuss

We have all heard it at least once: Never bully. Of course, we hear them, but do we really? We look at bullying as something physical, but that isn't always the case. mistreating someone doesn't have to be in the form of a punch. Or even a bad name. Just a simple gesture can be taken the wrong way. Giving someone a weird or even just a slight nudge when passing in the hallway.
Many children experience this unpleasantness at least once, but some take it more seriously than others. Whoever came up with the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" is a complete loon! Words can leave scars a fist would never dream of. To finally get to the point, be very careful in how you treat people. You may not necessarily be pounding someone with your fist, but you can still be hurting them.

Just seeing how people interact with each other gave me the inspiration for this "opinion". We all need to understand that we can hurt people on the inside too.