Seven Year old Racists?

The other night, my cousin, a seven year old boy, my aunt, my grandfather and I were playing Life on Wii. And my aunt got married to an African American in the game. I couldn’t believe what came out of my little cousin’s mouth. He said: “EW! Mom! Why would you marry someone like that?!”

I was taken aback. Shocked and disgusted. I glanced at my aunt and grandfather. No one objected! No one yelled at him, or at least corrected him! I have to African American uncles (their adopted) on my mom’s side. I never in my life have ever experienced discrimination firsthand. Especially from a seven year old, what kind of crude things has this world come to?

DISCRIMINATION MUST STOP!

Kiwi5194 said...
Unfortunately if a child is exposed to racism (not saying that its from your family) whether it's from family or friends, racist things can come out of their mouth. He probably just doesn't realize how offensive & racist it can come across as

Peace.Love.Music. said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 10:09 am
I agree with what you are saying, andc it was wrong of your family to not correct him, but he's only seven. He doesn't know better, so someone has to teach him. Maybe you should try and talk to him. Discrimination cannot be stopped entirely, because there's so many people in the world and you can't change anyones opinion, but we can try and educate the younger generations so that we can at least make a difference?

torya1107 said...
Mar. 13, 2011 at 3:22 am
I agree with this 100%. I bumped into a 7 year old the other day and she swore at me. Nothing is right with the world today. Kids are growing too fast and they're not even growing the right way. (That's not an example of racism, but an example of kids being taught wrong. In case you're thinking it was irrelevent.)

Andreax said...
I totally agree with what you're saying I'm from Ireland but although my skin colour is brown not porcelain and my hair colour is brown not red or blond I've never experienced discrimination.I'm lucky and surrounded by good friends .However my parents who weren't born in Ireland are such racists sometimes ! I love them and all but they forget that their opinion will affect my younger sisters .We all breath the same air so what if we don't have the same religion or face colour... (more »)

Bren_Bren said...
Discrimination,racism,and stereotyping others need to stop because were all human beings and were equal meaning that no one is better than the other. If you put people of all race in a cirlcle and cut them they all gone bleed red blood so were all the same....... I agree with you as well