Being A Girl. | Teen Ink

Being A Girl.

February 26, 2011
By WiseChild GOLD, Kampala, North Carolina
WiseChild GOLD, Kampala, North Carolina
14 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me


Being a girl isn't easy. especially in this time and age. every day i feel a new pressure pressing down on my weary head. i loathe my existence. was i made to feel nothing but inferiority my entire life. am i, just by being female evil through and through without having committed a crime.
i feel things deeply. I'm sensitive to pain. i don't want to see people die. i don't believe in fighting.
and so??? i am labeled 'weak'. how is it weak to work yourself to the bone to preserve the delicate shards of human life that someone else recklessly shattered when they stepped upon it with their booted foot, not giving thought to the damage caused to the miracle of a being.
...i ponder this night after night. and one day, i have an answer.
i will show you. i will show you my strength. i will show you wonders that are incomprehensible to you. and i will do all this while being sensitive. while i am considered the 'weaker' half of the human race. i will conquer the world and do so much more...while being a girl.


The author's comments:
There's nothing wrong with being a girl, there is everything right.