Girls and Football

This is a free country and one nation under God, which is why the other countries follow us. My little sister (who is going into middle school next year) and I always wanted to play football. But the rule in our house about the sport is when there's a girls only team we can. Where I live you have to be in 7th grade to be on any school team. My sister wants terribly to play football becuase on the outside she's tiny but she's tougher than any guy out there and we all know she could be something great in football. Here we are 21st century, where you can check your facebook on your couch, you can get a college diploma without ever leaving your home and still girls still can't play football unless their parents are ok with teenage boys tackling them. There's boys and girls baseball, basketball, volleyball, swimming and soccer and all of these are in my little town so I know there are more out there. So why can't there be football teams for girls and guys because the womans right movement wasn't so we could have it almost as good as men but so that everything is equal, because the decleration of indepedance says it should be equal.

DinoNugget said...
I totally agree.  Girls' lacrosse doesn't allow them to "check" (which is basically hitting a person with a stick) each other in any areas other than on the stick itself and on hands.  Boys CAN do that.  Personally, I think it has something similar to the article's point--that girl's are "too weak" or "not tough enough" to play rough.  I'd love to be able to hit and bash at a few girls; it'd be a great stress reliever, that's for sure...

Bemmilee replied...
Feb. 16, 2011 at 5:53 am
I agree I wish there was a lacross team where I live I saw it on degrassi once and it looks fun and atleast they have a girls team but the teams should have to play by the same rules.

SecretNonConformist said...
so true! boys play field hockey, so girls should be able to play football!

lcargerm8846 said...
I completely agree with this article if a woman/girl wants to play a sport any tipe of sport they should be able to even if the sport is a "manly sport" the problem with making a woman football team though is there are not enouph girls who are wanting to play in areas and even if theres enouph for one team there will probably not be enouph for two teams to play each other. But is your sister wants to play football let her play football i play on a football team that played a girl and she was fas... (more »)

fireball said...

Yeah!I might not be American but i understand this entirely.If we are equal why can't be on mixed teams, they dont have to change in the same room.This covers all sports aswell, for example:

When i turn on sports channell there's always mens football (soccer), never womens.Even when a local team won the womans world cup.

She should go on the football team!