Girls and Football | Teen Ink

Girls and Football

February 8, 2011
By Bemmilee BRONZE, Homosassa, Florida
Bemmilee BRONZE, Homosassa, Florida
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get- Forrest Gump


This is a free country and one nation under God, which is why the other countries follow us. My little sister (who is going into middle school next year) and I always wanted to play football. But the rule in our house about the sport is when there's a girls only team we can. Where I live you have to be in 7th grade to be on any school team. My sister wants terribly to play football becuase on the outside she's tiny but she's tougher than any guy out there and we all know she could be something great in football. Here we are 21st century, where you can check your facebook on your couch, you can get a college diploma without ever leaving your home and still girls still can't play football unless their parents are ok with teenage boys tackling them. There's boys and girls baseball, basketball, volleyball, swimming and soccer and all of these are in my little town so I know there are more out there. So why can't there be football teams for girls and guys because the womans right movement wasn't so we could have it almost as good as men but so that everything is equal, because the decleration of indepedance says it should be equal.


The author's comments:
I was inspired by mine and my 12-year-old sisters love for football and our inability to play becuase of the lack of a girls team.