Racism and Discrimination

Racism and Discrimination Affects Everyone

A kid, crying and sniffling, has had a rough day. Why is this you ask. Well this boy is crying because he is a victim of racism and discrimination. Racism and discrimination affect a large group of people each and every day. It may be a joke amongst you and your friends. But the truth is racism and discrimination is no joke at all.

To start, I have witnessed racism and discrimination first hand. My childhood friend was teased on a daily basis. He was constantly teased for his race and the choice of friends he hung out with. This caused big problems which I shall get to in a little. I have also seen it in early childhood sports. I used to play football when I was younger and let me tell you we had one game that just got out of control. My friend made and excellent tackle against the opposing team. So this kid got up and tackled my friend to the ground where he then called him the "N" word and started throwing punches at my teammate. I mean it does affect everyone. After this incident happened in the football game my friend didn't want to play in that game anymore and he was down.

But back to my child hood friend he was constantly put down as well as my cousins. They were always being put down and made fun of. This hurt me alone just to know that someone could be so heartless and do this for their entertainment. These people made it a battle to get my friend to go to school. I mean you sure do sound like a swell person, especially when you terrorize people's lives and in some cases cause them to kill themselves.

Every year per every population of 100,000 people 1,369.2 black males and 895.6 white males commit suicide due to racism and discrimination. In Aurora, Colorado 397.6 black males committed suicide while 177.7 white males died by the hand of racism. Due to discrimination amongst certain groups of people 1,572 people commit suicide every single year.

Getting discriminated for who you are is no pretty walk in the park. 20% of every 100,000,000 million people are affected by racism. How would you feel if that was you? Getting discriminated against every day for you being you? Many families are affected by racism every single year. 20% That's more then you can understand. That's 2,000,000 people every year. Racism is like getting accused of a crime, it is unfair especially when you have done nothing wrong.

You discriminators have caused people to die. You have caused death and now you have blood on your hands and you always will. How would you feel if it was one of your family members who were getting discriminated against? How would you feel and they committed suicide all due to a group of people made fun of them daily.

It is simply barbaric for us to pull of stunts like this and cause death, to do a stunt like this and think it's ok. It's not and it never will be.

As for you discriminators, You caused pain. You caused death, and You caused war amongst families.

Racism happens daily and affects so many people. How can you live with yourself for causing someone so much trouble? How can you live a normal life and think everything's fine? Racism is causing death and too much pain it must be stopped once and for all. After all as said by Gandhi, "Be the change in the world YOU want to see."

Anonymous said...
I think that RACISM should be stopped. It affects a lot of people and most teens end up killing themselves because of it. We have to watch what we say because it can affect a lot of people.

November said...
I dont know if racism can ever be stopped. We have to teach the new generation to believe in diversity.

Ganji said...
How do we track racism / descrimination and whom should we report. 

Ganji said...
Is there way to end racism and reduce suicidal rates