Germans are nice people too

The Germans are people like you and I. Don't think just because they started the Holocaust they are all hateful because they are mostly not hateful. That is one example of a horrible stereotype that people get called daily. Germans are actually very nice people and some of them are the nicest people that you can meet. Well we get a lot of our influence from the Germans and the Germans get some of their influence from us.
For example the song " Mein Vater War Ein Wandersmann", and "Muß I Denn" are popular in our culture. The first song has a melody that you might recognize as the Happy Wanderer, and Muß I Denn is featured partly in Elvis Presley's song Wooden Heart. We also get food like Sauerkraut from them. Plus some of our best composers and scientists were German or spoke German. So not all Germans are bad the Germans that are probably hateful are probably the old people and some young people. They regret having the Holocaust or starting it and they are not proud of it at all. Every country has a past or present event that they regret happening in their country.

So before making a joke that Germans are haters and very mean people think again of who you are insulting. I also know some Germans also and they are very nice.

kidfan234 said...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 8:33 am:
I think the author is full or part german. I haven't met one but my grandpa was in WWII and he says germans are rude.

kidfan13 replied...
Dec. 11, 2010 at 3:26 pm :
So are you saying that they are all rude? I am part German though but that does not matter in this situation.

SecretNonConformist said...
You are so right! I took German for seven years at my old school from one of the nicest people ever and one of the best teachers I ever had. I think people should remember that we had slavery and still have racism in America. Nowhere is perfect.

missTaco said...
i agree with u. ppl should not be judged according 2 race or things like that.  theres a lotta germans in my school too.