White History Month?

In the United States, all men are created equal, so if one man has a month dedicated to the heroes of his race, so should the other man. But all men have NOT been created equal, which is why we designate February as a month to honour the many African American heroes who have seen their history suppressed over time. To mention a White History Month is to beg the validity of Black History Month and Hispanic Heritage Month. It would be an awkward celebration and we would learn precisely the same things we learned in kindergarten about Johnny Appleseed and George Washington. Some people might argue that history should not be limited to one sorry, measly month of emphasis, but it is thanks to this that many school-age children are aware of important black history makers like Martin Luther King, Jr. If these months remain a tribute to minority leaders, soon enough “African-American history” and “Mexican-American history” will be justly called “American history”. But for now, as people still argue about their equality, we must keep these months unique.

Weston H. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Well I think these months were meant to celebrate a person that has changed things for a whole race. Why celebratea  race. If we are equal then why celebrate what "may" possibly make us different. I don't even understand racism, because I grew up in a city where I never saw it. I also had great god fearing parents who never (even for a second) displayed racism. So I just don't get it. Why make a month just for race. It reminds us to do whats wrong.

Derek W. said...
Ya know you are right i have been wondering about white history month too but i know it wont happen since the public wouldnt know how to celebrate it