Gay Rights? | Teen Ink

Gay Rights?

By bricheese23 SILVER, Tucson, Arizona
bricheese23 SILVER, Tucson, Arizona

"Live like your at the bottom, even if your a the top" - Nick Jonas

I have nothing against gay people or anyone that is different. I even have a best friend that is gay. Being that way is a great way to express yourself, but I do have some opinions on this. I think being this way is a choice and people choose this way to be different. I don't think that these people should have a separate law or bill for their marriage rights. God made marriage for a man a women. Anything other than that is a sin. God hates the sin, not the sinner. There are other ways to show who you are without making a scene or sin.

on Dec. 2 2012 at 3:04 pm
Aramis_999 PLATINUM, Matthews, North Carolina

Be strong, believe in freedom and in God, love yourself, understand your sexuality, have a sense of humor, don’t judge people by their religion, color or sexual habits, love life and your family. -Madonna

No one chooses to be gay. No one wants the potent hate and distrust that you recive when you come out.

on Jan. 30 2012 at 5:54 pm
blackveilbrideschickies BRONZE, Brackenridge, Pennsylvania
Thank you sooo much for that...

on Sep. 10 2011 at 11:12 am
ZeeBYoung BRONZE, Coatesville, Pennsylvania

Don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. :)

So... let me get this straight. People "choose" to be bullied, harrased, teased, and put down by society, sometimes to the point where they want to kill themselves? Especially if they just "chose" to be straight again, and make it all go away? Come on, think that through. That doesnt make any sense. Why would someone willingly put themselves through that?

on Jul. 7 2011 at 5:32 pm
People who argue against gay relationships in the name of God usually don't have a very thorough understanding of the Bible; they like to lift certain passages without considering their societal and historical contexts. Where I live, it's mostly the Baptists and Evangelicals. As a rule, they aren't very well educated, so they're not used to reading things analytically. But that's the only way you can read the Bible and understand how God really feels about same-sex relationships. When you read the Bible correctly, you see that God has no problem with gays.

wespired GOLD said...
on Jan. 7 2011 at 5:34 pm
wespired GOLD, Circle Pines, Minnesota

"God has given me the ability, the rest is up to me, believe... believe... believe." -- Billy Mills (Ox Lake 2008)

God made free will. He is the creator of the universe and we cannot fully understand all he has done. Faith is being sure of what you cannot see. Just like we know the sun is coming up the next morning and that the tree that falls when no one is around to hear it makes a sound. He will chang you if you accept the good news.

on Nov. 5 2010 at 6:57 pm
red-head BRONZE, Belmont, New York
umm.... i sort of agree with notyoursforever you cant choose who you love that is part of why we aren't robots, your peice was well writen not my favorite subject but thank you for writing.

on Nov. 4 2010 at 8:47 pm
bricheese23 SILVER, Tucson, Arizona

Because what would life be if we didn't have choices? We would all be robots, not able to think for ourselves. 

on Nov. 4 2010 at 8:15 pm
ZombieDanceWithMe SILVER, Rockford, Illinois

“To die is nothing; but it is terrible not to live”

-Victor Hugo

You can choose to come out of the closet, yes. You can chose who you love, NO.  "God hates the sin, not the sinner." Then why did he make sin? Why did he make us sin? Why couldn't he have just made us all perfect if he chooses our lives and how we live them anyway?