Honesty | Teen Ink

Honesty

Living in this world isn’t as easy as it used to be. People aren’t always honest with each other which can lead to someone getting hurt mentally or physically. In my opinion, I do not think anybody should lie and everybody should tell the truth. I think this because when you need somebody to talk to eventually the truth will come out, and if you don’t lie you will have a fresh and clean conscious.

When you really think about it lying doesn’t do you or anyone any good and it wont solve anything. Maybe at first somebody may believe you but as time goes on the truth will come out. That’s when the bad things start to happen. By this happening someone you know or care about may get hurt mentally or physically. For example, if a couple breaks up from a lie, or from one possibly getting fired from their job or one of them could possibly loose a good friend. Somebody could get hurt. It is not worth loosing or hurting somebody over a lie.

Another important reason why people should tell the truth is that you want to have a clean and fresh conscious. If you do lie you are not going to have a very nice conscious. Eventually you will be thinking about your lie and how you will get caught in your lie. After a period of time the truth WILL come out. Then our mind will be fresh. Having this is the best thing you can have. It makes you feel strong and that you have nothing to worry about. For example, if you lied about a grade you received and you keep thinking about it you will go crazy and then the truth will come out and you will regret ever lying in the first place.

Living in the world these days, it is hard enough without having to lie all the time. If people were honest, I am sure we would not have as many problems in the world. There is nothing like honesty and as the saying goes, “Honesty is the best policy.”

Soprano.Blacko, Quebec, Other

I have almost the same point of view of you but if we check it out, there is people in this world that actually ''is nothing without lying''. I mean, they just tell lies to make themself alive, confident, strong and furthermore, they don't feel bad about it. They don't realize that it could be hurting. There world is an illusion. The problem is, when you meet a person like that, you never know if she is telling the truth. You can be easily hurt by this kind of person.

*Sorry for my mistakes, I'm just learning English . (: